Mills liberty bell mint vendor

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Re: Mills liberty bell mint vendor

Postby briank » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:11 am

I just looked on craigslist and didnt see it either. Guess I'll wait to hear from Jeff. Thanks for the offer,we'll see, the one I'm eyeballing is close by but we'll see if we can make a deal. It's an all original machine but the front of the base has been trimmed for some reason and a previous owner had "branded" the sides of the cabinet...that doesnt really bother me though.
briank

Postby Richard13 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:47 am

Branding is part of the history so it's an ok thing. Here is a brand on one of mine, I have seen several examples of this one before but don't know who's it was or where. Would be interesting to know.
IMG_4852.JPG
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby nvmos2 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:08 pm

I believe that the "S" in a Circle is the Sheffler brand.
Sheffler Brothers did revamps and had a resale business.
I have that same brand in the same location on a Sheffler revamp that I have.
nvmos2

Postby Richard13 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:34 pm

Ah ha it's on offer up she wants $1500 for it but does not return requests or respond to offers.

https://offerupnow.com/item/detail/1973 ... ell-150000
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby briank » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:52 pm

Thanks for the info! I ended up buying the one close by but am hoping somebody has pictures of the reel bundle in the case ,out of the case and of the inside case showing the jackpot. Mine pays/plays but Im fairly confident that springs are wrong and or missing. Mint bendor works without putting a nickel in,any idea why it will do that. This is my first mills and have a book on order. I also need to see what the front mint casing cover lock key looks like as mine is missing.
briank

Postby Richard13 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:13 pm

Sounds like your vendor linkage is disconnected or missing would need to see the inside of the handle side of the cabinet. It should be very similar to others I have and if you are handy you can fab these parts. I have one or two templates handy and can take photos if you need them.
Richard13

Postby briank » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:26 pm

There are no mints in the machine,does that make a difference? Should this machine play without mints.....aren't the mints how they got around gambling? This machine also has matching serial numbers in a couple places and then it has one x'd out and a later serial number (same font and everything) added. Ever seen that?
briank

Postby Richard13 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:35 pm

The machine was made to NOT PLAY and return your coin if it was out of mints. Look down at the bottom of the column on the handle side. Should be four screw holes and a slot for a detector lever. This was pushed back by the toll of mints and popped forward when it was out of mints. That part was connected by linkage up to the coin head to reject the coin so it could not be played. The first thing an operator did was disable or remove these parts so the machine could stay in service and take people's money. Very common for those to be gone. Should have mentioned you needed a Mills book I have one on DVD I could burn you a copy of for free.
Richard13

Postby JHSS-1944 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:14 am

yep , Richard found it.
the big issues with C.L. & Offer up is their e-mailing services suck big time !!! usually the sellers never get all of the e-mails sent. has worked in my favor Many times !!!!!
unfortunately, this seller only posted 1 so-so quality photo of it , with No additional information.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Previous

Return to Just Chatting