Fantastic Find

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Fantastic Find

Postby Dave » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:26 pm

Sometimes we think that all the good stuff has been found.

However, here is proof that there are still good pieces in people's attics :D

The following are photos of a Mills Commercial that was recently discovered.

I am not the person who found it (dang it!). However, the collector gave me permission to post the photos but wants to remain anonymous so please don't ask me who owns it.

Check out the great condition of the cards including the tax stamp on one of them.

Feel free to comment about this post.

Dave
Site Admin

More information please

Postby KaChing » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:20 am

I have never seen or heard about this machine?

Could someone provide a little information about it? How does it work and how old is it.

The tax sticker says 1884, is that the age of the machine? If the machine is from 1884 I am guessing that this is a very rare machine and probably very valuable.
KaChing

Tax Stamp

Postby HSaidman » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:27 am

The tax stamp says, ACT OF 1884. That refers to the date the act was signed into law. That does not reference the age of the machine.
HSaidman

fantastic find

Postby watlingboy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:04 am

KaChing,

HSaidman is correct, the date refers to the stamp act date. The cards on the machine are fairly rare, most are plain or design back and don't say "United Cigar." I would guess probably an early machine made 1906 to 1908. The way it works is you insert a coin and push down the plunger, cards spin around and stop on a hand. The saloon keeper would pay you off based on the award card. Because it is a trade stimulator it did not pay off in cash. The award card was two sided so it could be used in a bar or saloon. One side you win drinks and the other side you win cigars. Or according to the large special card, a full house with 10's or better could win you a $2.50 hat. I'm sure other collectors who know much more about these can offer more information.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Postby KaChing » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:24 am

Watlingboy & HSaidman;

Thank you for the information on the machine.

KC
KaChing

fantastic find

Postby watlingboy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:34 am

KaChing,

I meant to say because the award card was two sided it could be used in a saloon or a cigar store. I said bar or saloon which are the same thing. That will teach me to proof read next time.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Return to Just Chatting