Any help appreciated

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Any help appreciated

Postby Atlslot » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:43 am

Hello all. I am new to the forum and "collecting". I have an opportunity to buy a Pace slot machine and I am looking for any information I can get. What model? Approximate value? Just general information like that. I have attached a picture (if it attached properly).

Thanks in advance for any information.
Attachments
Screenshot (25).png
Atlslot

Re: Any help appreciated

Postby Rick-okc » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:09 am

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
I'm no expert on Pace machines but it looks like yo have a Pace Chrome Front.
Yours is a very nice looking machine.

Rick
Rick-okc

Postby Rick-okc » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:28 pm

Did a little more research. Made between 1939-46.

Rick
Rick-okc

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:50 pm

Rick-okc wrote:Did a little more research. Made between 1939-46.

Rick

With this time zone, means many were cranked-out before War Time, and the balance just afterwards.
Wonder where the cut-off was in the serial range? Would be interesting to find out, and if there was a
large gap between the two ranges of production years.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Atlslot » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:38 am

Thank you all for the input. I know it is a fairly common machine, but I got it at a fair price (at least I think so from my research). It is my first machine and I am pretty excited about it. I know it is not all original. It has been repainted and the back lock looks like it has been replaced with a Mills. The star on the side says 47, and my research says that is the year it was made. It does have the original (although fairly cracked and faded) licensing sticker on the side.
Atlslot

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:12 am

Don't 'Poo-Poo' it. For your first machine, you did well. Even though it's been repainted, it looks good. Leave it alone.
Just enjoy it. I am sure you will become hooked, and want more. Just make sure to ask questions on our Forum, so
that you don't get snookered with a Fake or Repro, as there are tons of them out there, and most of those sellers will
flat-out lie to you, as to what they are selling.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Atlslot » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:55 am

Thanks again for all of the info.

After I got the this machine home my wife and I have been playing it. It has had a couple of coin jams, nothing major. But on the bigger payouts, it will short the payout by a quarter and when the jackpot is hit, it doesn't drop the quarters from the jackpot window. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Atlslot

Postby mechanic » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:12 pm

The coin shorting is an inconvenience caused by the new quarters. The old were silver when this machine was made and the stack was shorter in height. The j/p not dumping could be a couple things mostly gummed up release lever and/or the j/p is out of adjustment which can be caused by it being gummed up.
mechanic

Return to Just Chatting