Tennessee slot machine law status

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Re: Tennessee slot machine law status

Postby Rick-okc » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:09 pm

I've been working on the proposed change to the Tennessee Code and a cover letter to go with it.
The proposed change to the code has a few small changes. The main thing is the new cover letter I put together to go with the proposed change to the code. The cover letter is a modification of Dick Bueschel's 7-page letter that he wrote way back when: "It's Time the Laws Were Changed".

Would you guys please look at both items and giver me feedback?
I want to see if the cover letter makes since and gives a clear reason to change the code. It's written specifically for Tennessee.

DRAFT Cover Letter & Code.pdf
(355.03 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Rick-okc

Postby SlotFan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:13 pm

I am a 'collector' from Mississippi pondering an eventual retirement move to Tennessee, so I find this subject interesting and applaud your effort. Your document is very well written and strikes the chords needed to raise the issue, in my opinion. My only concern would be that it might be too long a read for the average self-absorbed congress-critter.

You may have already submitted this, but a couple of small things I noted:

"We’re asking for the legal right to restore and display antiques that happen to have a gambling feature." I would change the word 'feature' to 'history'.

Typo: in the fifth paragraph, the word 'expensive' should be 'expense'.

Good Luck and please keep us posted.
SlotFan

Postby Rick-okc » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:18 am

Slotfan, thank you very much for the input. I'll work on the changes. I'll send you a PM.
Rick-okc

Postby Rick-okc » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:51 am

Guys, I need your help.

I’m ready to approach state legislators and see what I can do to get Tennessee Code changed to allow ownership of antique gambling machines. I’m thinking, me, by myself, don’t have a very good chance getting anything changed. What I need are a few organizations, special interest groups, or anything we can think of that this law change will help as well as us collectors. The first groups that came to my mind are antique stores and auction houses. With the law changed, they can sell machines without fear of the law confiscating their property. Can you guys think of anyone else that will benefit from this law change? Please give me your thoughts.

Please post here or PM me.

Rick
Rick-okc

Postby SlotFan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:43 am

Earlier in the thread was a reference to American Pickers. They probably don't even know about the TN law (that they may in fact be breaking), but if you could somehow pull them into this - politicians typically love to rub elbows with celebrities!
SlotFan

Postby Rick-okc » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:05 am

I like that! That's a good suggestion.
Rick-okc

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Tue May 16, 2017 8:10 pm

It will also bring business... which translates into tax dollars.
If the law would get changed, I would relocate and open another antique mall, or a gameroom store in Nashville, or Knoxville.
Midcoast Vintage

Postby Oboby0528 » Sat May 27, 2017 9:51 am

Thanks for the advise I have all the docs with them I purchased them from an attorney and he provided me with the paperwork he had they are for Display NOT for sale and they are a great conversation item. I however simply can not stand to own or see someone own something that can be fixed and they are to lazy or simply do not care to fix it . I believe that the history is worth the investment and offer my sincere appreciation for the advice!
Oboby0528

Previous

Return to Just Chatting