Hans Havlicek

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Hans Havlicek

Postby thepennyarcade » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:29 am

Hi Forum
Does anyone know know if the Jennings Restorations that Hans Havlicek did were signed or identified in any way, showing that he did the restorations.
Many years ago (20), I purchased a restored Jennings Prospector and the slot collector that I acquired it from told me it was one of his restorations.
I do remember many years ago Hans would trade new 6V transformers for old ones and he would cover all the shipping fees.
Did Hans ever have a booth at Chicagoland?
John
Attachments
Jennings Prospector.jpg
thepennyarcade

Re: Hans Havlicek

Postby mechanic » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:22 am

From what I remember Hans would mark his work with an HH somewhere on the machine. To ID his repro's look on the bonnet, he added the HH to the end of the serial numbers on back. The HH marking is for his repro castings, he would do a whole set.
mechanic

Postby kennyb » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:05 am

It's been a while but I also remember the markings being the HH. What I remember the
most, they were really great re cast, took a little work to fit, but not much. those
days.... behind us . ken b
kennyb

Postby thepennyarcade » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:14 pm

Thanks Everyone
I will look for the HH and post it if I find it.
thepennyarcade

Postby jimb » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:50 am

Hans made the back bonnets several ways as recasts. Some had HH with his birth date next to it and some didnt. I also think some had no patent dates as well. Hans was the first to tell you if it was recast or not. Back in the old show days , 30 years ago, when they were at the Ohare Expo center Hans would set up with 20 Sun Chiefs all lit up and for sale. Was a very cool sight to see. He was an interesting guy. He said he settled on restoring Jennings machines as Jennings were the only slot that if you took 10 machine mechs and dismantled them, mixed all the parts up, he could put together 10 mechs back together that would work. No other slot company had tolerances where that could be done without re machining.. He was a gentleman who if you bought a machine from him, you really had a lifetime warranty on the machine and the parts. A loss to the hobby with his passing.
jimb

Return to Just Chatting