Would not consider a fantastic Find, But just picked this up

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Would not consider a fantastic Find, But just picked this up

Postby berardini21 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:44 am

Title says it, I do not think it qualifies for a fantastic find so I did not put it there, I am not new to slots or coin op. I have a Mills Hi-Top I picked up last year for $500. I found this slot on Craigslist, guy was asking 8 or 900$. He calls me this morning says he is getting tired of carrying it in his truck. I said well how much would you take I do not want to insult you, he says no you tell me. I am getting ready to spit "$550" out of my mouth and he says " ya know what $300 will get it" I said give me a sec to see if I can get the money ( knowing damn well I have nine times that in my pocket) I met him 20 minutes ago. Its one of the most original slots I have ever seen. Missing back lock is the only problem I noticed. I cant really look at it until later tonight, but it was paying out fine on the few pulls I made. I noticed it has a counter in it, similar to the counters on old EM pinballs! I am SO HAPPY! If you click on the photos they will rotate so you can see clearly.
Attachments
IMG_0603[1].JPG
IMG_0597[1].JPG
IMG_0596[1].JPG
IMG_0594[1].JPG
berardini21

Re: Would not consider a fantastic Find, But just picked thi

Postby briank » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:20 am

Great deal! Why can't I find deals like that? What neck of the woods are you in?
briank

Postby berardini21 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:26 am

Raleigh NC, I thought it was a hell of a deal, the original coin box. I love it!
berardini21

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:31 am

berardini21:
First of all, welcome to our Forum this past year. In no way, should you belittle your find of a fairly common Mills "Black Cherry".
First and foremost, you rescued another candidate from the possibility of becoming another Fake "Golden Nugget", which is one
of the three models used most, to make up the Fakes. Your new treasure appears to be in excellent, unmolested condition, and
should be kept that way, with minor cleanup and lubrication. Such a deal at $300, must have sparked a smile from ear-to-ear?
Additionally, the 5,013 plays is nothing, if that counter was placed on the machine when new.

Although original Mills locks can be a bit pricey at times, it would be in your best interest to install one, being as the machine
is so original, and especially that you got it at a great price. Congrats!
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby TheFatman » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:39 am

Is the handle pump missing? Not that it would take away from the great deal you got it for.... You now can afford to easily buy one if you want... and I would.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby TheFatman » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:51 am

I am just wondering where it was when I drove thru there right after New Years ???? Great find.... keep it up and welcome to your new obsession. Its one that, if your like me, you dont want to ever get over. You are in a great place... with a whole bunch of great people.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:53 am

Just noticed that there is an overabundance of coins in the slug-reject box. That's an awful lot of nickles, if that's
all that is in there. I would empty them out, so they don't start overflowing down into the mechanism, and start to
cause a jam problem. Next, to find out why so many are being kicked into the box.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby berardini21 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:09 pm

The machine is literally filled with nickels, I own a coin and jewelry store so I am going to fill it with buffalo nickels. I haven't had time to really analyze it because I am at my shop right now and have about 80k worth of appointments. Have to focus on my business first. This isnt my first slot, I am 27 and have been buying, fixing and selling EM pinballs for years as a hobby, I bought a mills high top slot machine about a year ago for $500, It has some slight molestation. I believe it was a 10 cent machine and someone converted it, payout plate is not original either, someone removed the paint and exposed the brass which actually looks pretty good when polished. Its currently in my living room next to my 2002 Stern Playboy Pinball machine (which is in mint condition no wear at all, a friend owned a strip club bought it and put it in his office brand new and it just sat there. Paid $1,400 HELL OF A DEAL!) I think I am going to put this one in its place then the other one into my dining room. Will check pump in a minute. I think I am going to switch the door on this one to the other one, the other one has original door with lock. Anyone have an idea of what the black cherry is worth?
Attachments
IMG_0607.PNG
berardini21

Postby berardini21 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:20 pm

Update pump was removed, I have one on my other machine. May just put it on this one since this one is where the real value is at!
berardini21

Postby berardini21 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:22 pm

Update two, jackpot assembly is still on it, counter is not working, Did not pay out on three oranges, will inspect springs when I take the mechanism out and do some adjusting, clock is spinning great but I think the timing is off a hair. Thanks again guys!
berardini21

Next

Return to Just Chatting