Ideas for stand for slot machine or building one?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Re: Ideas for stand for slot machine or building one?

Postby JHSS-1944 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:41 am

I can't seem to find those nice old sewing machine cabinets here (Az.), wish I could. modern large T.V. stands work ,some need reinforcing But, do tend to be a bit short when playing them standing up.
you can buy a metal type stand (home depot ,ect.), then just bolt on wood sides, & what ever you want for the top. Tiss my plan. already found a few nice pieces of Oak wood for tops & a few pieces of granite also for the tops. found these cheap enough at good will stores.
now old church style pews that the man of the cloth reads from ... are very nice too. tend to be little big ,a lot heavy. seen a fair amount of these but, cost plus shipping... !!!
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby RameGoom » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:55 am

Fish tank stands work great. Craigslist has loads of them. They're usually not pretty, but you can dress them up with hanging fabric. They'll take about any weight as well.
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Postby briank » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:13 am

20170118_080925.jpg
Heres my antique sheet music/record stand. Either earlier or same vintage as the slots I have. I plan on buying more of these when I find some.
briank

Postby SlotFan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:52 am

Stand3.JPG

I made these for my machines - all oak with granite tops. I would encourage anyone who is considering making their own to incorporate the small drawer at the top. Perfect location for a basket of coins.
SlotFan

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:41 am

Wow! Very classy looking stand. Excellent job. Have you thought about doing them to sell?
I'm sure you will have some interested parties. In fact, I would consider one or two myself.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby oldslotman » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:01 pm

Here is a simple solution for drink and coin holders. You can get them on ebay for about $4. Get the large ones. They have one that is smaller but I like the large one better. Just tilt the machine back and place the lip under the rail on the bottom.
IMG_2366.JPG

IMG_2365.JPG
oldslotman

Postby SlotFan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:10 pm

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:Wow! Very classy looking stand. Excellent job. Have you thought about doing them to sell?
I'm sure you will have some interested parties. In fact, I would consider one or two myself.

Thanks for your kind words. Woodworking is a hobby for me and not something I'm really geared up to do professionally. And to be honest, the materials cost for these is pretty high. I paid around $100 each for the marble tops and that was using remnants from the scrap heap. The iron feet were also close to $100/set. That rope molding was pretty expensive too. If I had to guess (and I would have to as its been a few years) I'd say I probably have over $400 just in materials.
Thanks for asking though.
SlotFan

Postby drishoff » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:18 pm

I've picked up a few things with the idea of making them into slot stands. Short on time. Put a nice wood top on the iron stand or stool with adjustable legs, old oak ice boxes great for display but a little tall for playing or an old oak office cabinet. I like primitive and rustic.

IMG_8084.JPG

IMG_8087.JPG

IMG_8089.JPG

IMG_8091.JPG
drishoff

Previous

Return to Just Chatting