I just acquired my second machine...some questions.

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

I just acquired my second machine...some questions.

Postby Mills6059 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:52 pm

Hello All,

I bought this Mills Blue Bell High Top earlier today for $1,000 from a nice guy up in Pennsylvania. I was looking for something in it's original state rather than a completely restored machine which is what my Mills "777" is. I always liked the colors on the Blue and Yellow Blue Bells.

IMG_3161.JPG

I'm taking it to Larry Debaugh here in Maryland to give the internals a check up. Everything seems to work well so far.

IMG_3155.JPG

Some questions to the more experienced collectors. Although it is probably preference, I wanted to ask with the condition of this machine if a complete restoration be a good idea, or just get it looking as good as possible with what is there?

IMG_3159.JPG

I was going to try Blue Magic Metal Polish for the nickel areas of the machine.

Looking at the award card in the pictures, is the card oxidized and cannot be restored to black? Secondly, what would you recommend for polishing the award card?

IMG_3154.JPG

Any advice, feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, what would be the date of origin of the machine with a serial number of 593541?

Thanks,

Brad
Mills6059

Re: I just acquired my second machine...some questions.

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Your "Blue Bell" appears to be a nice original machine. Just do some light cleanup, and leave it alone.
If you are taking it to Larry, he will be able to give you all the information on it, regarding approx. year
of Mfr. from the serial. Or you can check our serial number registry for your model, here on the Forum.
SLOT DYNASTY

Re: I just acquired my second machine...some questions.

Postby Mills6059 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:00 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Larry Debaugh said the machine was in good working order and his advice (as was yours) was to leave it alone! It appears I got the slot at fair market value.

What I thought was a problem with the glass actually serves an advantage in showing it is original. I got the proper coin box from Larry along with a qt stand and I was on my way.

Thx again for the input!

-Brad
Mills6059

Return to Just Chatting