Wagon Wheels - Original, Restoration, or Reproduction?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Wagon Wheels - Original, Restoration, or Reproduction?

Postby pb4sc » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Hi All,
So I was at my local swap meet, and I came across this Wagon Wheels Trade Stimulator from ABT. The price was right, so I bought it. When I got home, I took it apart to see the inside. The first thing I noticed was that the artwork was painted on. It was not on card stock, but rather painted on Plexiglass. This raised a red flag for me. I did not notice it at the swap meet. Looking at it some more, the internal parts also were looking a little too clean. So now I am wondering. Did I buy a reproduction? Or is it an original machine that someone restored? I know it is not completely original. Any insights that can be provided would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil
DSC05940.JPG

DSC05941.JPG

DSC05942.JPG

DSC05943.JPG

DSC05944.JPG

DSC05945.JPG

DSC05946.JPG

DSC05947.JPG

DSC05948.JPG

DSC05949.JPG
pb4sc

Re: Wagon Wheels - Original, Restoration, or Reproduction?

Postby CoinOpNut » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:39 pm

Hi Phil -
Other than the artwork / plexiglass issue, the machine looks to be original.
Quite good looking, in fact - as the cabinet is not beat up and the cash door has the paper ABT label.

Not ideal that the card/ glass top is not there, but as you pointed out, it's not something that is obvious from a player standpoint.
If you want to get a card and go to a clear glass cover I can help you out as I have the artwork for this.

Not really something you need to do - for now you can put it all together and enjoy!

-John
CoinOpNut

Postby pb4sc » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi John,
Good to know. Thanks for the information. I will PM you about the card. Just something about the plexi glass that makes it not seem right. I appreciate your help.

Phil
pb4sc

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:06 pm

Someone put a lot of time into painting that plexiglass layout, but it does take away from the machine, being as it looks home-made.
Hope you are able to get the correct reproduction card & glass, for more originality. This is one card I do not have in stock.
SLOT DYNASTY

Return to Just Chatting