How do you guys lift these machines when you move them?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

How do you guys lift these machines when you move them?

Postby mfaust1942 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:58 pm

Just to bring back fractions, I am 74 and a half. Ha! Used to move furniture during college summers. Felt great. Now, however, I look with some shyness, trepidation and lack of confidence when it's time to lift and hold a beautiful slot machine when moving it from point A to point B around the house.
So how do you do it this feat ? Get your Bride to hold it for you, got some moving machine or hand truck that helps, donkey, grandkids?
Just asking. I sense that others on this Forum might have some grey hair too. So let's have at it. What's you secret? Thanks, Marty
mfaust1942

Re: How do you guys lift these machines when you move them?

Postby oldslotman » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:04 pm

If you know how to pull the mech out do that. Then you can move two pieces at half the weight. That is what I do. Otherwise get some help.
oldslotman

Postby oldpinguy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:22 pm

I find that getting a girlfriend half your age is the best solution (don't tell my wife) [-X
oldpinguy

Postby RameGoom » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:28 pm

I use this beast. It's a lift table and you can belly it up to your slot stand, slide the machine on its platform, then lower it to the ground. The wheels would be better if they were pneumatic, but it works well for heavy stuff. I use it mostly for the big E-series Bally machines that weigh 220 lbs.

slot_lift_table.jpg
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Postby mfaust1942 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:29 am

Thanks for the info. My "main squeeze" is now so happy to know she is now out of the moving effort. Best to you all. Marty
mfaust1942

Postby Mechanik » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:03 pm

Nothing unusual here: I call one of my daughters to move the whole unit, or pull the mechanism and move it myself. That case is hard to shift even with the mechanism removed.

My coin box opens from the rear and the machine sits on carpet so I'm hard pressed to turn it around and basically out of luck if the kids are busy. Once, I actually offered the pizza delivery guy an extra $1 tip if he could bring my change as a roll of quarters. He did it. :lol:
Mechanik

Return to Just Chatting