New Forum Section?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

New Forum Section?

Postby RameGoom » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:33 am

With all the recent trade stimulator questions and images, I would like to suggest (DAVE) that we have a separate topic section for them, and maybe a sub-topic for questions regarding repairs? They seem to parallel the slots in ownership...

Just a couple of suggestions. What does anyone think?
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Re: New Forum Section?

Postby thepennyarcade » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:22 am

That sounds like a wonderful idea to me, especially because I don't have to do any of the work, :D
I haven't gotten into Trade Stimulators, yet, but having their own designation would make them easier to locate.
thepennyarcade

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:48 pm

You have my vote for a special section for Trade Stimulators, being as I have specialized more with them, than other coin-op.
Other areas that I have always focused on from the beginning, are the Victorian Uprights, and as of the last several years, the
early Mills, Jennings, Pace, Watling, etc., Gooseneck "Operator Bell" style Revamps, of which there are a tremendous about of
variations. There have been so many slight changes, by numerous revampers, than many can go unnoticed.

Perhaps if Dave agrees with this new section, he can move many of the previous threads to this new area, which I am sure will
not be an easy task. What makes much of the thread subjects hard to follow in some cases, and go back on, is that once a thread
is started about a certain machine, the same machine will continue with a new thread, instead of the original entry. With the
thread numbers now into the 5500 range, does tend to make it a bit more difficult to find.

I find it hard to believe, that this Forum has been going strong since Nov.2,2004, and much thanks to Dave for bringing it to us.
Again, Kudos to Dave, for his never-ending time spent, with giving us this Forum to chat on. Not to mention all of the Videos
that he has compiled, to help us all.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby RameGoom » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:03 pm

Dave, please comment. Now that we're looking for specialized topics, maybe a "Revamp" topic would be in order as well, since the revamps have a slightly different place in the slot world.

Just another suggestion, sorry if I'm getting crazy.
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Postby Dave » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:27 pm

Sorry for not responding.

I have been busy tearing into my latest find. Well, not really a find since I bought it at the Morphy auction last week. It is something that has been on my wanted list for like 20 years.

Regarding setting up an area for trade stems, I think that is a good idea. Not sure if an area for revamps should be done or not. Let me think about it for a day or so and I will let you know.

I will look into getting that done in the next few days.

Does anyone want to volunteer to get "moderator" permissions? If you are a moderator you can do things like split a thread into a new thread and move a thread from one area of the forum to another.

Splitting a thread is handy in case a thread goes off topic and that topic deserves its own thread.

Dave

If you want to volunteer let me know. Once you are a moderator you will see more options at the top of the screen.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby cpdretired » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:54 am

My vote is for Bill as his input is always helpful.
Ron
cpdretired

Postby Dave » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:40 pm

So if I create an area for slots, do you want sub areas for Mills, Pace, Jennings, Watling, revamps, etc?

What about trade stimulators? Subareas for the different manufacturers?
Dave
Site Admin

Postby cpdretired » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:05 am

Dave I think one section should be enough for trade stimulators. There are too many manufacturers of these machines to have categories for each one. Possibly a sub section for trade stimulator parts wanted or for sale. Then another one for machines for sale.
You have three sections, machines for sale, machines wanted and parts for sale. Merge those into the two new sections
cpdretired

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:58 am

Dave:
Regarding the above: I would not split Slots Or Trade Stimulators into separate mfr. categories. That's way too much. You would also have to have a
section for unidentified mfr. for those as well. If we have a straight SLOT category, it may be nice to have one split for REVAMPS, being as there are
so many different configurations. Besides, it will help me with my ongoing research in this category. As for Trade Stimulators, Yes, hundreds of mfrs.
to contend with, as well as the unidentified. Then, not to forget all the other categories, like Arcade & Skill, Vending, etc. As it is now, there are too
many threads getting started in one area, then jumping over to another, making them harder to fall back on. There are many threads in 'Just Chatting',
that should have been entered elsewhere, and get lost in the shuffle. Having over 5,500 posting subject entries at this time, is difficult enough to fall
back on, to add new content, or answer a new-found past request. Hopefully, the new split categories, play out the way they should, and the previous
subject-threads can be inserted into them as a starter. Just my 2-1/2 cents worth!
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby leospanner » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:59 pm

Dave, can you shoot me an e-mail at my regular e-mail, leo_spanner@hotmail.com. Thanks, Leo
leospanner

Next

Return to Just Chatting