Newbie question BELL BOY

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Newbie question BELL BOY

Postby RameGoom » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:08 pm

Hello forum members, first post.
I have a question and hope it's the right place to post. I have recently acquired a "Bell Boy" trade stimulator machine and have gone thru it...works well and looks good. Does anyone on the forum have any information about it, regarding the two pull knobs in the back of the machine? One allows the player to view a penny window to see the coin, the other seems like some sort of coin routing knob which places the coin in a separate coin compartment aside from the main coin box.

Also, the coin escapement mechanism seems to place one coin out of every five into a special compartment not accessible from the normal coin box.

Can't seem to make sense of it and maybe someone here can shed some light.

Thanks!
John
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Re: Newbie question BELL BOY

Postby Dave » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:31 am

RameGoom wrote:Hello forum members, first post.
I have a question and hope it's the right place to post. I have recently acquired a "Bell Boy" trade stimulator machine and have gone thru it...works well and looks good. Does anyone on the forum have any information about it, regarding the two pull knobs in the back of the machine? One allows the player to view a penny window to see the coin, the other seems like some sort of coin routing knob which places the coin in a separate coin compartment aside from the main coin box.

Also, the coin escapement mechanism seems to place one coin out of every five into a special compartment not accessible from the normal coin box.

Can't seem to make sense of it and maybe someone here can shed some light.

Thanks!
John

John:

I am not familiar with that machine. However, I would speculate that the 'coin escapement' piece is a profit sharing feature of the machine. Perhaps that 1 out of 5 (20%) coins was the fee the owner of the establishment received for having the machine there.

The pull knob which opened a window so one could view the last coin played was probably a feature to allow the operator to verify a real penny was played and not a slug.

Any chance you can post some photos of this machine?

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby RameGoom » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:02 pm

Dave,
Here is what the machine looks like:

http://www.gnspyder.com/gameroom/bellboy/

The side of the machine has a penny embedded into a metal plate within a window. The penny is a 1916 coin, but to get it to shine, I had to buff it out until most of the detail was gone. It was all green an corroded prior to getting "medieval" on it. I figure I could find an old lincoln cent and replace it if i reallly wanted to keep it looking original.

John[/url]
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Return to Just Chatting