Chicagoland...a few questions.

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Chicagoland...a few questions.

Postby Mills6059 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:56 pm

Hello everyone,

I was interested in opinions here about attending Chicagoland in April. Is it worth the trip if you're looking for a NOS award card and a gold token dispenser for a Mills 21? Can you usually find such items?

After three years of having one machine I have recently acquired another so buying another machine at the event is probably out of the question with the wife for a while.

What are the best days to go? Would Friday morning through mid Saturday be sufficient to take it all in?

Lastly, can you refer me to a local dumpy hotel that is within walking distance?

Thanks,

Brad
Mills6059

Re: Chicagoland...a few questions.

Postby mechanic » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:10 pm

Friday early morning get a $50 admission that is good all weekend. Friday is best for finding parts and machines. Sunday is good for making last minute deals. Finding NOS parts of any kind is almost non-existent anymore. Most your going to find is used, so be careful not to buy any worn out or damaged pieces.
mechanic

Postby cpdretired » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:21 am

Where are you located?
cpdretired

Postby mrslot1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:05 am

I have some new old stock hi top gold award token dispensers for the 777 email me at mrslot1@aol.com
thanks Dave
mrslot1

Postby edgeCity » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:08 pm

I'm also trying to decide whether or not to make the trip. Since I'm new to the hobby, it would certainly be a learning experience. However, I've watched some of the YouTube vids of past shows -- saw more juke boxes, automotive signage and plain old junk than slots. What slots I did see appeared to be mostly high end stuff -- Sun Chiefs, War Eagles, etc. Maybe it's not too cost effective to bring the 'bargain' machines to the show? What are my chances of finding a Mills 'M' Model or a Sega Diamond 3 Star?
Anyway, in case I do decide to attend, I've reserved a cheap room at the Super 8 about a mile down the road from Pheasant Run . They're going fast! And if I don't find anything at the show, there's time to check out some off the nearby eBay/Craigslist offerings.
edgeCity

Return to Just Chatting