Ristaucrat Jukebox

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Ristaucrat Jukebox

Postby tmhatting » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:07 pm

I've just become the proud owner of a Ristaucrat Jukebox. It is in the best cosmetic condition I've ever seen. It plays 12 records but is NON-SELECTIVE which is a neat feature (or lack thereof). You can play a song for a nickel but you don't get to choose. However, it needs some shopping to get it 100%. It runs slow at times and the stylus comes to rest on the record when the cycle ends. Can anyone provide me with some tips or the name of someone in the Chicago area that knows how to work on these things? Thanks. Here's a link showing the model I've got.
http://pat.kagi.us/Pats-Arcade-Games-an ... s/IM001276
:D
tmhatting

Postby cpdretired » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:55 pm

Try Frank Zygmunt in Westchester.
http://zygmuntonline.com/default.htm
cpdretired

Re: Ristaucrat Jukebox

Postby Dave » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:27 pm

tmhatting wrote:I've just become the proud owner of a Ristaucrat Jukebox. It is in the best cosmetic condition I've ever seen. It plays 12 records but is NON-SELECTIVE which is a neat feature (or lack thereof). You can play a song for a nickel but you don't get to choose. However, it needs some shopping to get it 100%. It runs slow at times and the stylus comes to rest on the record when the cycle ends. Can anyone provide me with some tips or the name of someone in the Chicago area that knows how to work on these things? Thanks. Here's a link showing the model I've got.
http://pat.kagi.us/Pats-Arcade-Games-an ... s/IM001276
:D

That looks like a pretty neat machine. So I assume after all 12 records have played the platter lifts up to put all the records on the top of the spindle.

I would think the mechanism if fairly simple and I'll bet if you are fairly mechanically inclined you could get it working yourself.

Good luck with it and let us know how it goes if you decide to work on it yourself.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby tmhatting » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:57 pm

As is often the case, I've made it worse trying to fix it. I am, however, hot on the trail of a technician who is said to have worked on these before.
tmhatting

Postby Dave » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:56 pm

tmhatting wrote:As is often the case, I've made it worse trying to fix it. I am, however, hot on the trail of a technician who is said to have worked on these before.

Good luck. Let us know how it works out.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Just Chatting