EARLY MILLS WAR EAGLE

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

EARLY MILLS WAR EAGLE

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:32 pm

Okay, this is the early war eagle i picked up from the n
Nebraska horder a few months back.
see pictures / detail here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5586
If you view the pictures, the silver background are on the castings, the area that usually has no paint, is actually silver paint. W-a-y old, and done long ago. Also, one of the painted areas between the wings is a very dark blue. The other paint all appears to be original.
Again, this is a 10 stop mech, and, has no handle pump. The serial # is given in the original fantastic find listing.
I have been dealing with machines for over 40 years, and, my dad had them when i was a kid in the sixties. i have had dozens of war eagles, and never seen the silver paint on one before. I believe the silver not to be original as well as the dark blue ring. The aging /wear of both those colors is consistent with the wear / aging of the rest of the paint.
I definitely prefer original over restored, and always tell people "it's only original once", so, I just want to know if anyone else out there has seen this paint job in the past... as in is this so early that mills was still experimenting with the color scheme, or, did some operator add his own paint additions? I just want a few other old timers opinions before i re-do this machine.
thanks in advance.
Midcoast Vintage

Return to Just Chatting