Game Room Magazine

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Game Room Magazine

Postby Marc Hess » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:04 pm

Just wondering how many of you are subscribers to Game Room Magazine and what you think of the publication under its new managment. I have been a subscriber for at least the last 6 years and am really dissapointed with its current direction under the new publisher. There is literally zero attention to slots, vending, arcade and etc. and a minimal of attention to juke boxes and pinball. To me it seems to have become a video game magazine. I am up for renewal and am really struggling to talk myself into it.
Any thougts from others here that used to look forward to the monthly publication?

Marc
www.thecoiopcollector.com
Marc Hess

Postby tmhatting » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:46 pm

I'd give GR magazine at least another year. After all, think about the relative cost of it versus what you have invested in your collection (which is very nice, btw). I met Kevin Steele at the Chicago show and he seems like a nice guy. Keep in mind he's trying to find out what works and that we all tend to gravitate towards what we grew up with. A magazine like GR is run on a shoestring - believe me, he's not getting rich. Most of the articles are written by subscribers for free and they represent the individual interests of the writer. Why not try your hand at writing an article on your specialty? I loved the magazine under Tim but I will be honest - Gameroom of the Month can get a little repetitive after a while (and I am guilty of contributing there as well). I hope that Kevin will be able to strike a balance with articles on pins, trade stims, gumballs, video games, jukes, slots, and any other coin-op categories of interest. Also, I'd like to see a balance between new, old, and really old stuff. If everyone gets in a huff, cancels their subscription, and GR folds, where does that leave us? Tom
tmhatting

Return to Just Chatting