Bally TARGET ROLL Banner

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Bally TARGET ROLL Banner

Postby Rick-okc » Tue May 30, 2017 4:59 pm

I just finished restoring a 1957 Bally TARGET ROLL pinball machine. Only 400 of these were made.
DSC_7787 low.jpg
DSC_7820 low.jpg
DSC_7816 low.jpg

As an afterthought, I decided to create a two-sided banner that can sit on top of the back box, further explaining game play for the two versions available; Standard and Special play. On these banners, I want to make clear that this is really a craps game. So far, the only thing I’ve come up with is showing a set of six dice. Would you guys mind looking at my 1st draft versions and give me your feedback on wording and graphics? The banner will be be approximately 10”x20” and sit in a base that sits on top of the back box. It will be two-sided explaining Standard Play on one side and Special Play on the other.

If it will help, here is the banner and just text for both sides:

Banner Standard Play low.jpg

Standard Play
Shooting for a New Target:
If you land on 20, 30 or 120, then your GAME is OVER. Landing on 70 does NOT count as a New Target. Any value, other than 20, 30, 70, or 120 sets New Target.

Shoot to Match Target:
Once your New Target is set (Shoot to Match Target lights up). Now the ball can
land in 20, 30, or 120 and be OK, however, if the ball lands in 70, your GAME is OVER. When your Target value is matched, game play reverts back to Shoot for a New Target.

Banner Special Play low.jpg

Special Play
Shoot for New Target
If you land on 20, 30, 70, 110 or 120, then GAME is OVER. Any other value sets your New Target.

Shoot to Match Target
If you Match your Target value or land on 70, then GAME is OVER. Landing in any other value increases you score.
Rick-okc

Re: Bally TARGET ROLL Banner

Postby Anglobritish » Tue May 30, 2017 7:42 pm

1. Bally Binder Cover-Bingo's.jpg
12. Bally Target Roll Pinball Roulette-1.jpg
12. Bally Target Roll Pinball Roulette-2.jpg
Bally Bingo Disclaimer_002.jpg
Bally Bingo Disclaimer_002.jpg (43.92 KiB) Viewed 1823 times
Hi,
Find attached the picture and description of the game as supplied to the Bally Salesmen, these were given to the sales people because of the sensitivity of the machine being a gaming device.
Anglobritish

Postby Rick-okc » Tue May 30, 2017 8:45 pm

Anglobritish, thank you very much for this information! I looked all over and couldn't find a thing about this machine. It's nice to finally see the correct instructions. Curious, what else do you have on this machine? How big of a book, number of pages, did this come from? I'd love to scan it sometime.
Rick-okc

Postby JHSS-1944 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:04 am

Thank you to both of you !! the additional information is always a plus , thank you Freddy. And thank you Rick for showing us a rare machine , with an excellent restoration. Actually like this type of machine, size ,style ,ect.
jeff H
JHSS-1944

Postby Anglobritish » Wed May 31, 2017 4:28 am

1a. Bally Money Honey 1963.jpg
1d. Bally Money Honey 1963.jpg
Bally Bingo Disclaimer.jpg
Bally Bingo Disclaimer.jpg (45.16 KiB) Viewed 1797 times
Hi,
This information did not come from any publication, in the mid 1950's after the Johnson act came about, Bally did not use flyers in several states, they gave their salespeople leather binders ( see picture in my last response) with full descriptions of the game play, I have all the original Black and White pictures of the games along with those descriptions, on the flyers that they did use in other states and for export they put the attached information on them.

In the early 1960's I operated a lot of Bally Bingo and Upright Consoles in the U.K. some of these games paid for themselves in one week, Belgium is the only Country left that allows Bally Bingo's to operate, they recently deemed them to be a National pastime.

Freddy Bailey
Anglobritish

Return to Just Chatting