Trade stimulator ?? Dave

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Trade stimulator ?? Dave

Postby RameGoom » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:02 pm

This question would be directed to the expert. I have a Bell Boy by Mills, and your price guide shows a Bell Boy as a machine that has 3 reels with the bell-fruit-gum style of reels. Mine, however has numbers and has an apparatus at the top of the machine linked to the mechanism.

Apparently, there are two different styles of Bell Boy machines, one without the 3 digit apparatus and one (mine) with it.

How would I find out more info such as advertising of the original machine? Possibly the one I own has been upgraded - I don't know.

Thanks,
John
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Postby Dave » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:03 pm

John:

I am not an expert at all when it comes to trade stimulators.

I think most machines that have numbers instead of Bell-Fruit-Gum were made for markets outside of the US.

What does the top appartus do?

Any chance you can show us a photo of the machine?

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:04 pm

Another member of the forum sent me a note stating that the machine you are probably talking about is on page 154 of Gustwillers "For Amusement Only" book.

The book indicates this model is rarer and more valuable.
Attachments
BellBoy.jpg
Dave
Site Admin

Postby RameGoom » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:54 am

Bell Boy with numbers on wheels. The top three wheels are user-selectable. You select three numbers on the wheels and apply the numbers you selected to the chart printed on the front. Then you put a penny in, pull the lever and the three wheels spin and tell you your "answers" to the selected questions. Your fortune is spelled out...
Then you need to remember to push the lever on the lower left in order to get a gumball for all of your efforts. You must push the lever every time you insert a coin.
Attachments
bell-boy600x800.jpg
Here's my version of the Bell Boy
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Postby RameGoom » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:09 am

This is the chart that you use to choose your fortune by the top wheels.
Attachments
bell-boycard.jpg
"Fortune" chart in Bell Boy
RameGoom

Return to Just Chatting