Caille Tourist

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Caille Tourist

Postby damikeguy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:16 am

There is an estate sale just outside of Chicago with a Caille Tourist if someone want to spend the night in the driveway. Starts 9am. Fri. June 9th. The machine is just sitting on a milk crate in the picture. Not cool. I can't make it or i would be on my way now. If you do get it please let me know. Dam I with I could go. I have to think there not even aware of what they have.

Thanks
Last edited by damikeguy on Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
damikeguy

Re: Caille Tourist

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:34 am

So did anyone end up getting it?
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:20 am

Here is a photo. Someone was a happy camper.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 12.18.36 PM.png
Dave
Site Admin

Postby damikeguy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:22 pm

The original asking price was $400. After receiving quite a few phone calls from interested buyers they did a little research. They adjusted the price to $20,000 and yes it did sell for $20,000. I'm not sure who got it. I'm glad they did the research and did receive a fair price for it. Although I am sure the buyer would've rather of paid $400 for It.
Mike
damikeguy

Postby YourBestBet » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:29 am

This machine looked like it needed some work. The award card is missing along with the reel strips. It appears someone sprayed silver paint on the castings. Who knows if the mechanism is all there. Since this machine is so rare, it would be nearly impossible to find replacement paper & parts. I hope it got in the hands of a collector that has access to the needed resources to clean it up properly. I was checking LiveAuctioneers and two sold recently. One for $48k and the other for $95k. Both looked complete and pretty original. Those figures are before the 20%+ buyers' premium. Regardless, way out of most collectors' leagues!
YourBestBet

Return to Just Chatting