Slot Machines Book - Pictorial History of 1st 100 Years

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Slot Machines Book - Pictorial History of 1st 100 Years

Postby markymarkuk » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:56 am

Just a quick question if anyone knows...
The book mentioned in title by Marshall Fey, I notice there appears to be several editions. I do own a copy, but wondered if the 3rd edition, 4th edition, 5th edition (just seen on Crow River that there is a 6th edition too!) are just re-prints or do they include any changes to the content? Would I benefit from getting a later edition to the early one I have already?

Thanks
bk035.jpg
markymarkuk

Re: Slot Machines Book - Pictorial History of 1st 100 Years

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:12 pm

Mark:
The First Revision of the Fey book had several additions & changes. As for Three through Six,
there were just slight changes, but as to how many in each, I am not sure. I will have to ask
Marsh about all the differences, and get back to you. If you have one of the first editions, you
may want to update to a later one. If I were to lay out all editions, and go page-by-page, it
would take several hours. If new pages were added, or an original page moved, it would change
other page numbers. So, maybe Marsh has a list of each and every change.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby markymarkuk » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:42 am

Many thanks for the reply. Don't worry about finding out, I was just curious. I think I have the 2nd edition, Printed in 1989, the second re-print. The first printing being 1983.
If I find a 6th edition cheap I may well invest!
markymarkuk

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:22 am

markymarkuk wrote:Many thanks for the reply. Don't worry about finding out, I was just curious. I think I have the 2nd edition, Printed in 1989, the second re-print. The first printing being 1983.
If I find a 6th edition cheap I may well invest!

Mark:
There are copies of different editions on eBay, every so often, and some at good prices.
Since you have brought this subject up, it now has me curious, so I am going to talk to Marsh,
and share my findings with the Forum. If anyone else cares, besides you and I, that is? #-o
SLOT DYNASTY

Return to Just Chatting