Fun and Games!

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Fun and Games!

Postby edgeCity » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Hey kids! It's time to play Match the Reel Strip to the Reel Disk!

Here is a foto of a reel disk (EJ1A27) for a Mills 7-7-7 HiTop.
It is the disk that corresponds to the first (leftmost) reel:

reeldisc_0015.jpg

According to Daniel Mead's "Handbook of Slot Machine Reel Strips",
there are TWO possible reel strips for the first reel on a 7-7-7:

EJ-1:Orange/Melon/Plum/Cherry/Plum/Orange/Lemon-7/Bell/Orange/Cherry/Bar/Plum/Orange/Plum/Orange/Plum/Cherry/Plum/Bar/Plum

CC17-1 (EJ1-B): Orange/Melon/Plum/Cherry/Plum/Orange/Lemon-7/Bell/Orange/Cherry/Lemon/Orange/Lemon/Plum/Orange/Plum/Cherry/Lemon/Bar/Plum

SO! Which reel strip goes with the reel disk? My guess is that since there are only 19 holes on the disk, and only one lemon on
the EJ-1 strip, they match. But I have been wrong before (lots of times)-- so I welcome any and all observations in this regard.

Thanks!
Nelson
edgeCity

Re: Fun and Games!

Postby bikerjrn » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:05 pm

Your disc is EJ-1B it has 3 lemons on it. Thanks Jim
bikerjrn

Postby oldslotman » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:13 pm

Neither strip will work. As stated, there are three lemons on the disc, and neither strips has a plum/cherry/plum combinations which you show on both strips.
oldslotman

Postby edgeCity » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:45 am

bikerjrn wrote:Your disc is EJ-1B it has 3 lemons on it. Thanks Jim

I appreciate your response. Let me be sure that I understand you correctly.

First of all, I am curious as to how you determined that there are three lemons on the disk. I had guessed that there was only one (twenty symbols on the reel strip, nineteen holes in the disc).

Anyway, since the disc (which is stamped EJ1A27) has three lemons on it, you're saying the correct
strip is the EJ-1B, which also has three lemons on it?

Thanks,
Nelson
Last edited by edgeCity on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
edgeCity

Postby edgeCity » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:55 am

oldslotman wrote:Neither strip will work. As stated, there are three lemons on the disc, and neither strips has a plum/cherry/plum combinations which you show on both strips.

I appreciate your response, but I am confused by it.

You concur that the disc (which is stamped EJ1A27) has three lemons on it, but I don't understand what "plum/cherry/plum combination" (which DOES appear on both strips) has to do with it.

Thanks,
Nelson
edgeCity

Postby oldslotman » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:11 am

The plum/cherry/plum combination is not on the payout disc. There are 3 cherry slots on the disc. The cherry combinations you have on the disc are: orange/cherry/lemon --- plum/cherry/lemon --- plum/cherry/orange. You look at the cherry and see what symbol is before and after it. NO plum/cherry/plum. The cherry is the outer most symbol on the disc. the orange is next then the plum, bell, bar.
oldslotman

Postby edgeCity » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:41 pm

oldslotman wrote:The plum/cherry/plum combination is not on the payout disc. There are 3 cherry slots on the disc. The cherry combinations you have on the disc are: orange/cherry/lemon --- plum/cherry/lemon --- plum/cherry/orange. You look at the cherry and see what symbol is before and after it. NO plum/cherry/plum. The cherry is the outer most symbol on the disc. the orange is next then the plum, bell, bar.

OK, now I see what you're saying. So if I'm interpreting this disc correctly, starting at 7 o'clock (and moving counter-clockwise), we have orange/cherry/lemon/orange/lemon/plum/orange/plum/cherry/lemon/bar/plum/orange/bell/plum/cherry/orange . . . and then what's up with the last three?

reeldisc_0015b.jpg

And isn't there supposed to be a melon somewhere??

Thanks, I really appreciate your help!
edgeCity

Postby oldslotman » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:20 pm

edgeCity wrote:
oldslotman wrote:The plum/cherry/plum combination is not on the payout disc. There are 3 cherry slots on the disc. The cherry combinations you have on the disc are: orange/cherry/lemon --- plum/cherry/lemon --- plum/cherry/orange. You look at the cherry and see what symbol is before and after it. NO plum/cherry/plum. The cherry is the outer most symbol on the disc. the orange is next then the plum, bell, bar.

OK, now I see what you're saying. So if I'm interpreting this disc correctly, starting at 7 o'clock (and moving counter-clockwise), we have orange/cherry/lemon/orange/lemon/plum/orange/plum/cherry/lemon/bar/plum/orange/bell/plum/cherry/orange . . . and then what's up with the last three?

reeldisc_0015b.jpg

And isn't there supposed to be a melon somewhere??

Thanks, I really appreciate your help!

You are correct. I'm not sure what those three are. What does the watermelons pay on the payout award card?
oldslotman

Postby oldslotman » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:22 pm

That is why the disc are EJ1A27. that 27 must have something to do with a special payout.
oldslotman

Postby edgeCity » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:38 pm

"What does the watermelons pay on the payout award card?"

Well, I don't have the payout award card. I don't even have the discs!
What I'm trying to do is convert a 'base' Mills machine into a 7-7-7. I've been
unable to find a reel bundle so I was planning to buy these discs and locate
the strips to match.

Cheaper than buying a 7-7-7, folks are asking $1200-$1500 for 'em!

Anyway, thanks for the lessons in disc-reading. As I said, I learn something new every day!!
edgeCity

Next

Return to Just Chatting