Mills High Top models

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Mills High Top models

Postby Shoulderwork » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:55 pm

I've been looking at High Top models, trying to do a bit of my own research as to original and repro/fakes. About the only thing I think I've gotten figured out is that the early machines have the short arm with molded handle and later ones have a long handle with the round knob. I think....

I've seen that most I've found pay on one cherry. I found one somewhere that required 2 cherries to pay out. But only the one machine. And now I can't find it again... I've seen black, silver and buff/off white reel backgrounds. Original back doors but a single horizontal arm at the escalator.

Help please, I'm starting to think I've forgotten how to use Google!

Mark
Shoulderwork

Re: Mills High Top models

Postby Shoulderwork » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:31 pm

Does anyone here have any info regarding these machines? Or any help as to where I can go to research this? Anybody?
Shoulderwork

Postby oldslotman » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:05 pm

Just what do you want to know? There were many different high top machines made by Mills.
oldslotman

Postby Shoulderwork » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:48 am

Basically looking for sites online that I am able to research the different models. Which ones were made when, what the differences were among the different machines....

I would just prefer to do it myself rather than spend the next month bugging members here with multiple questions literally daily. But I'm having no luck finding anywhere that has that type of info. While I am very interested in learning more about multiple styles, the last thing I want to do is be "That guy". Where everyone sees yet another posted question, shakes their heads and says, "Sh*t, he's asking another question today".

M.
Shoulderwork

Postby nvmos2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:36 am

Recommend you buy "Mills of the Forties Operator's Companion."
It's available thru Mead Publishing and is currently on sale.
I think it has more of what you are looking for than any one web site that I know of.
nvmos2

Postby Shoulderwork » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:05 am

nvmos2 wrote:Recommend you buy "Mills of the Forties Operator's Companion."
It's available thru Mead Publishing and is currently on sale.
I think it has more of what you are looking for than any one web site that I know of.

I will check that out. Thank you so much for the suggestion!

Mark
Shoulderwork

Return to Just Chatting