"Members Helping Members "

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

"Members Helping Members "

Postby choochoobg » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:26 pm

I may be over stepping my bounderies as a "new member"...but im going to go out on a limb here and say...I cant beleive that their isnt one peraon on here who could answer my plea for help...not even as much as a "YOUR SCREWED" comment on my post....some bunch of helpful collectors...mechanics...experts.
choochoobg

Re: "Members Helping Members "

Postby markm7600 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:19 pm

My experience with the group has been quite different. Several years ago, I reached out to the group in search of a key for a Mills machine that I purchased at a garage sale. The machine had been restored by the late John Josefy (apologize if I've mis-spelled his name), and it had some sentimental value to me as John had been gracious enough to help me restore the first Pace slot that I had purchased from a gentleman in Grand Junction (Bill Huber?). Name dropping aside, two members stopped by my house in CO with a bunch of keys to see if any of them would fit. Unfortunately, they didn't, but I was very grateful for their efforts! Recently (three weeks) I pursued a Mills Bonus machine that was listed for sale on the forum. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed out visit with the member, and got a great deal on the Mills - and have been playing the heck out of it. I casually mentioned that we were looking for $1 Jennings to add to our meager collection - and he's put two in front of me in the last week! No pressure, and fair prices!
I've had great experiences with the members of the forum - I hope yours get better!
markm7600

Postby Rick B » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:10 am

Yes I would say you are overstepping your boundaries. 1st I looked up your question. Most of the stuff and I mean about 95% is mechanical here. I do not see many people with electronic Slots so your problem is going to have to be checked by a local Slot electrician. Craigslist is a good place to start as many people sell the electronic machines and do repairs. Next most people this time of year are outside and not bothering with the forums but once a week if that for many. Slot machines are a rarer and more specific thing that not so many people collect.

I have put up many questions here and only get about 60% answers. Some stuff just isn't easily answered. It just tells me no one here can help, not that they hate my guts and refuse to answer me. I hope some of this makes sense. Rick B
Rick B

Postby Major Kong » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:39 pm

Rick,
Couldn’t have said it better. I am very grateful for the help in getting my growing collection properly working. I have asked questions and not gotten a response but never took it personally. Somethings are beyond answers. I have found everyone here, helpful, kind, and considerate. Imagine some hobbies are just not for everyone.
Major Kong

Postby clubconsoles » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:57 am

totally agree with the responses here.
some questions are just too damn hard to answer by words alone.
some people whom ask questions without even posting pictures or trying to work it out themselves normally get scant regard on all the forums I have seen!
clubconsoles

Postby Nick » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:26 pm

I am new to this foum and just want to say thanks to all the members that have tried to answer my questions. I have received some great suggestions.

I feel like I have truly hit a "gold mine" in finding this forum.

I am priveledged to be in this forum.

Thanks so much to everyone!!!!

Nick
Nick

Return to Just Chatting