How many slot machines are in your collection?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

How many slot machines do you own?

0, I don't own any slot machines
5%
17%
2 or 3
15%
4 or 5
11%
less than 10
17%
less than 20
13%
less than 30
8%
less than 40
4%
less than 50
2%
less than 75
2%
less than 100
1%
100 or more
3%

Total votes : 208

Re: How many slot machines are in your collection?

Postby Rick B » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:27 am

Yep and one of mine had a bug. Rick B
Rick B

Postby sam2002 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:49 pm

What's to do here ? Leave it as is or make it pay like it should ?
Attachments
image.jpg
sam2002

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:47 pm

sam2002 wrote:What's to do here ? Leave it as is or make it pay like it should ?

Definitely take all bugs off. You want the machine to pay the best odds. It's now in your collection, and not on location any longer,
so you want it to be fun. Right? You don't want to cheat your friends. Or do you? [-X
Most people tend to think that the bugs began with the 3 reel slots. Not the case. Many of the Victorian Uprights were gaffed as well.
I find them all the time, and remove them, unless a customer wants them left on. Most uprights only have two high pay spots, and one
of them is usually blocked, as well as several others. I even have a trade stimulator, that was gaffed at the factory, if you can believe
that. It's a 3 reel fruit, 10 symbol x 10 stop, with only one bar on each reel, and the star wheel was never cut-out on the 3rd reel bar,
at the factory. Talk about a cheater, and it's a quarter play to boot.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby JHSS-1944 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:13 am

Back to "factory" is nicer. my last one; Aristocrat club master of 1956 (Australia) had a bug added to the middle star wheel, to cheat a 2 coin p.o. (!?!), one leaded in hole, & 2 more filled in with a "plug" = all on the first disc to cheat on little / medium wins,
to go with this , first reel strip had the last 2 images cut & replaced opposite of each other , AND the top 2 pay out slides had been screwed together ,with the head blocking it from going all the way back to actually pay out.
also 2 of the pay out arm springs ( of 9 total) were gone. didn't think much of it first, these do go missing, ect. , then I saw all the other stuff....
this machine is with the "poker" type reel strips. just got it last week , so going over it with a fine tooth comb checking all the reel pay out combinations, ect. good knows what else I might find. this Also has a few "mystery pay out" holes added by the looks of it. (god knows why).

on "Vegas" slot machine discs, many found with the holes spot welded up, & actually east to remove.... hammer & a proper hole punch. of course you have to remove the discs, ect. leaded up holes ,use a new razor blade & "cut" off.

Happy hunting gents !!!! Jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby jpearnhardt » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:17 pm

I have 28 machines and picking up 2 more this week making 30. ( 26 Mills, 4 Jennings )
jpearnhardt

Postby Richard13 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:28 pm

jpearnhardt wrote:I have 28 machines and picking up 2 more this week making 30. ( 26 Mills, 4 Jennings )

Somebody has too much money or too much space or needs to check into rehab lol.
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby JHSS-1944 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:15 am

Richard , your just jealous ..... your catching up on your collection. you would have more if you weren't so picky on being made in the 20's / 30's only.

jpearnhardt, I thought I had to many..... just like LAYS chips ," can't have just one". I have 3 console types in storage, rest at home. bought 4 in the last 5 weeks. looking at 2 more locally , & a set of 3 for sale in Florida.
jeff H.
a vintage coin operated collectors' rehab...... ?? sounds scary to me.
JHSS-1944

Postby Richard13 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:05 am

Jealous? Of an addiction nope more curious actually. I was addicted to WW1 1911 pistols vintage 1912-1918 after my fetish for pre 1953 VW's. Those took up too much space were hard to store and ate up too much insurance $$. Pistols smaller and easier to store in a bank vault I acquired so no insurance expense.Then I decided what good are those pistols if I can't see them feel them and play with and tinker on them. So I sold a pistol and bought three more machines which are displayed in the ever shrinking house. Left over cash went into a couple projects which I find very fun to try and match the original paint scheme. I swear only one more machine on my wish list......
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby jpearnhardt » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:32 pm

Spending way too much money ( yes ) Need rehab ( yes ) This is my last one ( but am looking at 3-4 more ) I am guilty of all of the above but have a deep hook in now and it will be hard to quit. I love this hobby more than the past one's ( deep sea fishing, attending nascar races - 8-13 per year for 20 years, collecting toys - very extensive Earnhardt collection, snowmobiling in Quebec for 25 years and now collecting antique slot machines ) I tried bird watching for a while but got bored. O well, can't take it with you.
jpearnhardt

Postby JHSS-1944 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:31 am

Yep. my main collecting has been & is military items, Viet Nam era & older (mainly ww2). then other antiques through out the house, ect.,ect.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting