How many slot machines are in your collection?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

How many slot machines do you own?

0, I don't own any slot machines
5%
17%
2 or 3
15%
4 or 5
11%
less than 10
17%
less than 20
13%
less than 30
8%
less than 40
4%
less than 50
2%
less than 75
2%
less than 100
1%
100 or more
3%

Total votes : 208

Re: How many slot machines are in your collection?

Postby bkrsdoz » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:11 am

I found an original paint Melon Bell to go with my other two Bursting Cherries.
I am very pleased with the condition both inside and out.
I could use an original front jackpot lock, and one for the rear cover as well.
I have attached a photo of it.
My grandchildren have a great time with these!
Attachments
00c0c_39ommsQzfIb_1200x900.jpg
bkrsdoz

Postby Dave » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:59 am

Very nice machine.

The Mills Melon Bell was the very first machine I purchased back in the early 1980s. I still have it.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:51 am

bkrsdoz wrote:I found an original paint Melon Bell to go with my other two Bursting Cherries.
I am very pleased with the condition both inside and out.
I could use an original front jackpot lock, and one for the rear cover as well.
I have attached a photo of it.
My grandchildren have a great time with these!

Nice find. Leave it as is, with maybe a little cleaning, if need be, and replacing with orig. locks you mention.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby JHSS-1944 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:48 am

Bakrsdoz; Very nice find !!! not many out there ,or at least seen. rounded out that fairly well, brown front , blue front , now this one.
Jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby Doug » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:37 am

I have 7 slots in my collection
Doug

Postby randyvw » Fri May 05, 2017 2:41 pm

i have gotten the bug again it seems. recently picked up a bally reliance, QT smoker, 5, 10, 25, and 50cent extraordinary consoles....to go along with my 3 other mils consoles. also a chinese front console.....i must LIKE consoles! another QT, 3 hi-tops, a futurity, and a guvnuh' countertop. oh, and a 1932 mills FOK...and a pace bantam with mint vendor....oops, almost forgot the pace royal comet 50cent machine....i guess that makes only 19 machines. i suppose i got to buy a couple more so i can upgrade the poll to over 20. randy wellman in so cal hi-desert,...drop by if you are out my way.
randyvw

Postby RiseLikeRa » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:37 pm

11 slot machines
RiseLikeRa

Postby randyvw » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:48 am

make it 22 now, with the addition of a quarter vest pocket, a penny with valley sales jackpot under it, and a rol a top console. i guess i made the big time! :shock: how did this happen?.....slowly, then all of a SUDDEN!
randyvw

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:12 pm

randyvw wrote:make it 22 now, with the addition of a quarter vest pocket, a penny with valley sales jackpot under it, and a rol a top console. i guess i made the big time! :shock: how did this happen?.....slowly, then all of a SUDDEN!

Randy:
Wow! Nice finds! Neither a quarter "Vest Pocket", or a Jackpot version are easy to find.
And then a "RAT" console to boot. Congratulations. =D>
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby randyvw » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:52 am

i been jones'n for that rolatop for 30 years now. ray dier and I were in chicago back then, meeting a couple new collectors for dinner. they were new to the hobby, and I asked if they had found anything as they drove across the country in their motorhome. they had stopped at numerous antique stores along the way, and didn't buy anything. so i asked if they had found ANYTHING, as far as slot machines that was interesting. well, he did see one machine a few hundred miles from there. it was a watling, and it was in a wood stand, but it was too expensive, at 4200$, so they had passed on it.....i had a rolatop at the time, and had always wanted one in a console, and i knew if this WAS a rolatop console, it should be worth about DOUBLE what was being asked for it.... after a little more questioning, i determined it MUST be a RAT console.... long story a little shorter, i told him to get down there right now and get it, or could i have the location of it. he went back one to two days later and got it. and i been thinkin' about it, telling this story, ever since. tom had collected many great machines since then, but passed on a few months ago, the day after our seeing him and wife crystal at our ACMCA meeting. tom lucier will be missed.
randyvw

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting