Injuries and slot machines

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Injuries and slot machines

Postby sam2002 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:13 am

Just a heads up and reminder these machines are bulky and heavy and can hurt you . I recently found this out the hard
way . I was unloading a mills high top console with machine from the back of my pick up truck which is a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 . The tailgate is a bit higher than a standard pick up bed . I have done this many times before without any problems so I thought nothing special as I began to offload the machine . It was laying flat on it’s back and I intended to extract it by pulling it out and teetering it and letting kind of slide using its own weight to do most of the work . As I was sliding out it seemed to hang up on some part of the bed of the truck , so I jockeyed it a bit and it began it’s ascent with me to guide it . It was laying on top of a moving blanket and therfore began to glide quite fast as I tried to slow it I heard a very loud “POP” and knew something was wrong as my right arm went weak and was considerably sore . As it turns out I ruptured a distal tendon ! It connects the lower bicep to your arm . It’s an injury that requires immediate attention . You have a 7-10 day window to effect a repair . I live in the mountains and being its the festive time of year all the surgeons in my area that take my insurance are on holiday . So a 4 1/2 hour drive back down to where I used to live for a consult from an orthopedic doctor at my old hospital and boom the next day surgery on the right arm . Surgery was last Friday . Im in a sling contraption right now and will be out of commision for the next 4-6 months .
This is not a sympathy post just a reminder to you all to be careful out there in all that you do . None of us are getting
any younger !

Happy New Year !
sam2002

Re: Injuries and slot machines

Postby kentdun » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:24 pm

Sorry to hear you were hurt. Hope have a full recovery.
Secondary to your injury, the collector in me hopes the machine didn't have major damage.
kentdun

Postby randyvw » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:59 pm

how much you want for that heavy old thing? yer a lil far away, but i'm willin' to make the drive up there to help out a senior citizen in a jam....sorry to hear of your plight sam.
randyvw

Postby Rick B » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:08 pm

OUCH, heal fast Sam. I feel for you as I know these machines can tear you up if you are not careful. I already have 4 very messed up lower disc and have to dissect my machines for moving. Were not young kids anymore :( Rick B
Rick B

Postby randyvw » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:19 pm

BTW, there's a certain slot collector out there that has a story of a close encounter with an upright back a few years ago. that one damn near killed him. when a vehicle gets to rolling around off the road, and you are transporting a slot, events unfold rapidly....
randyvw

Postby sam2002 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:59 am

Hello

Let me take a moment here to address your concerns . Firstly and foremost the machine survived this ordeal unscathed!
I attribute that to all my years as a beer drinker . When you have a beer in hand and you slip it’s save the beer at all costs !
Same standard applies with slot machines though saving them can be much more painful !

Secondly specifically to Randy’s concern about rescuing this nasty ol bugger of a machine well don’t hold your breathe but the first words from my wife’s mouth after this incident were “that’s it these things are all going !” . Gotta love her she’s a great gal . Not oh honey are you ok ? I’m absolutely sure these machines will be bargained priced someday , but that aint happining for now !
These “things” as she so affectionatly refers to them are stayin right where they are !

Anywho I hope to be up running as efficiently as possible .

Let’s here some war stories from the rest of you .

Take care and thanks for the concern .
sam2002

Postby capt7310 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:51 pm

Sam your my hero! DON'T let your beer or machine hit the deck I salute you!
capt7310

Postby kentdun » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:49 pm

Your wife said it's me or the machines.
Where should I forward your mail?
kentdun

Postby randyvw » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:55 pm

my wife was missing for 3 days, and a cop showed up and told me to prepare for the worst. so i had to go down to the goodwill and get her clothes back.......THAT kind of story?
randyvw

Postby neocoinops » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:33 pm

There is something to be said for collecting trade stimulators. :D
neocoinops

Next

Return to Just Chatting