Watling rolatop

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Re: Watling rolatop

Postby capt7310 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:31 pm

I know the person who bought it, and he shot me some pics with excitement that he got it for $3300 with shipping. As all have been saying it was a disaster.... I told him before I even read the "Just Chatting" post that the machine is a fake, the award card, the back door no W on it, the coin box was a mills repro, the reel strips NG and the coins on the front not U.S. bogus, So after he got done "throwing up" he contacted the guy and the guy was very understanding and stated he got it at a estate sale and had no idea of the machine and cancelled his bid so he got his money back. So the guy was a stand up guy ... But I read him the post everyone posted, and promises he'll be more diligent ...He's new to the game. Thought I'd share.
capt7310

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:44 pm

I wouldn't exactly say the seller was a 'stand-up guy'. He was notified via ebay that he was totally misrepresenting his machine and he did nothing to change the listing.

He probably allowed the guy to get his money back because he knew he would be forced to if the seller filed a complaint.

Glad he was able to get his money back. You should invite him to the forum so he won't get burned in the future.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby jmisatu » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:05 pm

The coin box looked like one of those wooden cheese boxes you sometimes see on craigslist in the antiques section...wooden with an open top all the way across. And if you looked at the reels the right one was partially hidden. Glad this worked out for the guy. It was real sad to see this machine in person. I was tempted to take pictures when I had the back off but the guy and his wife were right there all the time.
jmisatu

Postby capt7310 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:58 am

When I told him to contact Ebay and retract his bid because the machine was a fake, Ebay told him he entered into a binding agreement and they could not cancel. That's when he contacted the guy he bought it from and explained to him that the machine was a fake repro and he would have to let Ebay know the listing was inaccurate, so he said no problem and canceled his bid. The crazy thing about this is he did the same thing about a month ago and bought a Castle Front with the skills stops and Award payout for 900 with shipping. He brought it to my house and it's was a disaster, 75% repro, the skills stops were 4" bolts that the hex head was cut off and the end was filed down to a point, the reel strips were not lined up right so the payouts were all wrong, the reels wouldn't spin, the award tokens were mexican coins, I still have it because it keeps paying out on 1 Cherry and now he wants to sell it. He's very much into the slots but I warned him to be careful with Ebay.
capt7310

Postby Mark 68 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:40 pm

The machine is still for sale...I just saw it on ebay...Osh Kosh Wisconsin is the location...asking 3000 now...lol
Mark 68

Previous

Return to Just Chatting