How many reproduction slot machines do you own?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

How many reproduction/remanufactured machines do you own?

0, and I would never knowingly buy a reproduction machine
63%
0, but I am not opposed to having them in my collection
13%
19%
No votes
More than 2 but less than 5
6%
5 or more
No votes

Total votes : 16

How many reproduction slot machines do you own?

Postby 777 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:32 am

This is a poll for slot machines collectors. There has been a lively discussion going on in the E-Bay group about reproduction machines.

Feel free to weigh in with your thoughts & experiences with reproduction/remanufactured machines.

Postby drsmlojo » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:56 pm

I own 0- but I'm not opposed to having one in my collection!!
drsmlojo

Postby cpdretired » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:59 pm

Mills War Eagle purchased at the Chicagoland show.
cpdretired

More on Repros

Postby Carl » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:09 pm

I just added my vote to the poll saying I had 1 reproduction. That being said, one is how many I am sure of. As I understand it, all Golden Nuggets are reproductions, so that is the one I am sure about. I only have 3 other mechanical slots and a Bally Money Honey. Pretty sure the Columbia is all original. The Mills Mystery and the Watling Roll-A-Top may be remanufactured, but I am not knowlegeable enough to know. I also have a dozen or so other coin-ops, mostly trade stimulators. Not sure if I even qualify as a collector. Please no flaming arrows, but I also have 2 Pachinko and 2 Pachislo machines. These were bought mostly for the nieces and nephews to play with although I will set and play the Pachislo every once in awhile.

In my case, as a kid, there was a neghbor that had a slot machine in the basement. It was so cool I said that "when I grow up" I am going to get one. When in my 20s I tried to buy a machine, but now instead of being $100 to $200, they were $400 to $600, so I waited. In my 30s I decided I could spend $500 for a slot, but now thet were $1,000. Finally about 17 years ago I bought my first machine. Anyone quess that it was the Golden Nugget? After buying the machine then I decided to get some books. A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. Also, who can buy just ONE coin-op?

Well now I am close to 60 years old and have a tiny little collection of coin-ops. It has been fun and hopefully I can get my money back if I have to sell them. Personally I do not see anything wrong with remanufactured or even reproduction machines as long as they are always advertised in that way. Since this is not a perfect world, there are those that might hide the true origin of a machine.

If any of you true collectors are in the western suburbs of Chicago, maybe one of you would like to come over and tell me what I have. To summarize, I have old original, remanufactured old, and fairly modern pieces. They are all enjoyable. Hopefully I have not paid "original" prices for any remanufactured or repro machines. If I have, it is part of the learning curve.
Carl
Carl

MORE ON REPROS

Postby ANTIQUESLOTMACHINES.COM » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:28 pm

HI ..I do not own or want to own a reproduction as long as quality original items are still available...Other's can choose their own collecting interests, BUT, the continuing selling of "mis-represented" slots cannot be good for the business. Lying and deception should be a crime !! I currently own 84 vintage classic slots and over 200 quality trade stimulators

Bob

http://www.antiqueslotmachines.com/priv1.htm[/b]
THE TELEPHONE IS MY BEST METHOD OF COMMUNICATING. 856-663-2554

VIA EMAIL YOU CAN SEND ME YOUR # AND I WILL GET BACK TO YOU A S A P !!!!

THANX SOO MUCH FOR YOUR INTEREST

BOB LEVY http://www.antiqueslotmachines.com/priv1.htm
ANTIQUESLOTMACHINES.COM

not a true collector

Postby rustydog14 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:58 pm

Hi,

Well I guess I am one of those collectors that is "untrue" to the art of collecting the classics. I own 44 slot machines, and 3 are repoductions. One is a red Golden Nugget, a Silver Palace, and a Jennings Deluxe Sun Chief (mech. from a console w/new case and castings, from Hans H.). I play all my machines, and display them in my fam.rm, liv. rm., etc. I know that some collectors store their machines one on top of the other and never play them. I don't need a badge on my shirt that states "a true collector". The only thing I worry about is that some day I will pass away and my relatives will sell the machines at less then half price.
rustydog14

Return to Just Chatting