Bally Reliance

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Bally Reliance

Postby Jo van Dongen » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:04 am

At the moment I'm restoring a Bally Reliance.
But I have no dice.
Who can help me with a complete set dices (52) for my Bally ???
Best regards,
Jo.
Jo van Dongen

Bally Reliance Dice

Postby Ric Gandy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:46 am

Jo - Jeff Frahm with "Two-Bit Restorations" in Fort Collins, Colorado, advertises in the COCA Times that he specializes in the total restoration of the Bally Reliance and Buckley Bones dice machines. If anyone can tell you where to get a set of replacement dice for your Bally Reliance, Jeff should be able to. You can contact him at twobitrestorations@comcast.net. His telephone number is (970) 226-2871. Good luck.

Now I have a question for you. What is the cheapest way to ship an old 30s prewar pre-flipper pinball machine from Holland to the states? Do you know of anyone over there shipping container loads to the states? We have a guy in Holland with several nice old early 30s pinball machines he would like to sell, but we are trying to figure out how to get them to the states. Right now, it looks like the shipping would cost almost as much as the machine. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My email address is antiqueslots@juno.com. Thanks. Ric Gandy
Ric Gandy

Bally Reliance

Postby Marc Hess » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:00 pm

Jo and Ric

Jeff Frahm moved to Arizona. His new address and phone numbers are

Two-Bit Restorations
Jeff Frahm
4750 W. Mint Creek Road
Prescott, AZ 86305
928-717-8886

Jeff is a very helpful and good guy that does great work.
Marc Hess

Re: Bally Reliance

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:23 am

Jo van Dongen wrote:At the moment I'm restoring a Bally Reliance.
But I have no dice.
Who can help me with a complete set dices (52) for my Bally ???
Best regards,
Jo.

Hi Jo:
All of the information that you were initially given in regards to contacting Jeff Frahm, was all incorrect, including the e-mail address. He moved his business to Prescott, Ariz. in April 2004. Marc Hess has given you his current information. I was just speaking with Jeff yesterday, and during our conversation, I mentioned the dice you needed. He used to have a large stock of these dice, but is totally out of them, and can no longer get them from his source, as they are out of business. He had them in both white & ivory color. The ivory is more appropriate for both the "Reliance" & "Bones" machines. In case you want to contact Jeff yourself, his new e-mail address is ( twobit@cableone.net ). I will be contacting you soon about something of importance. It has been a while since we have chatted.
Cheers, Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Bally Reliance Dice

Postby Ric Gandy » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:51 am

Marc - Thanks for the correction. Short and sweet and to the point. Just the way I like it. The information I gave to Jo was from his business card ad in the November, 2004, issue of the COCA Times. Apparently, Jeff has not updated his ad with his new information. Now, thanks to you, we all have it. Unfortunately, according to the last comment, the guy in Holland still does not have a source for replacement dice for his Bally Reliance which is what he was looking for. We tried. Ric Gandy
Ric Gandy

Bally Reliance manual

Postby Rick-okc » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:26 am

Jo,

I just noticed your post. If your interested, I have a copy of a Bally Reliance Operating Instructions & Parts Catalog that I occasionally sell on ebay. Price is $15 USD plus shipping. Below is the description I used on ebay.

You are bidding on a photocopy of a Bally Reliance Operating Instructions & Parts Catalog. This machine is just about the same as the Buckley Bones machine and I’m sure this manual will work for the Bones as well. This manual is 15 pages long and covers the following: Check separator adjustments, Dice line up in wheels, Handle sticking, Lubrication, Parts catalog, and Removal of mechanism. If you’ve seen inside one of these you know they aren’t anything like a regular three reel slot machine. This manual will help you in isolating problems with your machine and repairing them.
Rick-okc

Return to Just Chatting