UNUSUAL MILLS SLOT MACHINE ON EBAY

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

UNUSUAL MILLS SLOT MACHINE ON EBAY

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:12 pm

Seller calls it a "LEAP FROG" high top.
I have never seen one of these. I am also aware that i have not seen everything.
Anyone out there familiar with this machine?
What is the chrome piece above the first reel window?

Also... when viewing the video, look in the background... notice all the machines with feet added.
view his other auctions, look at the coin changer with the marquee added.
Is this the guy from back in the day classics... the one with the huge inventory, but with many bogus-ed up machines (vegas butcher's lost relative?...) or, is this the guy that is doing the hokey stuff, and consigning it to back in the day classics?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1947-MILLS-1-Le ... 46275cea1d
Midcoast Vintage

Re: UNUSUAL MILLS SLOT MACHINE ON EBAY

Postby oldslotman » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:07 pm

Interesting that he said that the jackpot does not drop but it has a hand load jackpot with a trip lever on it and a trip lever on the payout slides.
oldslotman

Postby mrcoin » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:09 pm

The coin changer with the added marquee. Note that the bank note image is actually the inner label of a box of cigars.
LOL
mrcoin

Postby watlingboy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:22 pm

I have seen 3 or 4 of these over the years, they're not common. The escalator is very unique. The frame is nickel plated cast brass. This isn't something someone pieced together in their garage. Swami/Chris can probably give you more information on it.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Postby TheFatman » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:46 pm

Each and every item stands on its own two feet ... I trhink they are right. The feet belong to something else and he will put them on what ever it takes to make them look like a one of a kind machine..... Mayebe he is a Vegas spin off ...I dont trust or believe it. Why after all these years do I see machines with all these feet that I see on repo cabinets ... never on slots
Help me to understand ... a spin off of Vegas Meat Man, thats what I see. Also, the only reference to any thing call "Frog" was a coin drop mchine fron the turn of the century, and not a altered high top. I do think this is a well done altered high Top and shouuld be respected as one, but also listed as it really is. Just my feeling.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby Swami » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:59 am

This Mills Black Gold Hi Top machine is 100% Original, Authentic, Real, Righteous, Correct, Genuine, Unaltered,etc... The Description is Right On. The escalator on this machine was manufactured by Mills and is know as a "Leap Frog Escalator" The reason for that is the way the coins appear to jump when the machine is played. These are Extremely Uncommon and highly sought after. The small Chrome Piece located above the left side of the Mills Name Plate is actually a flange that mounts from under the Mills name plate. It was on all $1 Hi Tops. It's purpose was to Catch or Stop the $1 coin if it was dropped while you were inserting the coin. I have only seen a few of these machines ever. I would add some photos of a few others like this one but the Photo Board is Full.

This is a great machine and a great opportunity. I think the price is high, however that's what people say about the machines I sell.

Many things determine the price of a machine. More importantly, many things determine what a person is willing to pay for a machine. Quite frequently on this blog I see members over and over again say things are Over Priced. We all want to get a "Good Deal" and sometimes we do. Other things to consider are why you are buying a machine in the first place. Are you retired and want a hobby? If so, find something cheap and have fun with it. Are you looking for a particular machine that may not come up for sale again for another 5 or so years? If that's the case you may be willing to pay a lot more. Is the machine in MINT CONDITION? Condition rarity can had a lot of value. Take a common machine like a Hi Top, if you find one in a Crate is it worth quite a bit more than a beater....I think so. Did you see a machine that is exactly like the one in a photo of your mother from 1952 in Las Vegas? You might pay double for that machine. I could go on and on but you get the idea. Please try to not be so Black & White about price.

In my opionion this could be a $4,500 machine. Again, that could go up or down depending on the buyer's motivation. You may not see another one....
Swami

Postby markymarkuk » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:14 pm

It's an old post I'm replying to, but wondered if Swami or anyone else out there can give me the source reference for the claim that Mills made the "leap frog" type escalator.
I have researched through almost every Mills catalogue, literature and books and have yet to find a single mention of this Mills Leap Frog Escalator. I always believed it was made by ACE Manufacturing, but that's just from hearsay!

Has anyone in the world of slots got any further info about these escalators that have a unique method of moving coins across in a leap frog way.

Swami, where did you get the information from? Was it just from someone in passing or is there a link to the source of the info?

However, if anyone can jump in and give their opinion that would be great. I own an ACE machine that has this escalator fitted, yet I cannot find out its history!!

Cheers
markymarkuk

Return to E-Bay