Any idea what machine this belong on?

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Any idea what machine this belong on?

Postby Dave » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:05 am

This marquee was found in a Mills Jockey Trade Stimulator.

It is currently on E-Bay (item 6170160114) and the current bid is $158.50

Any idea what it goes on?

Dave

Dave
Site Admin

Postby Mike Gumula » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:50 pm

Hi Guys !

Regarding what machine that marquee might have went on,,, my thought is that is was on a version of the Jockey that was made by the Automatic Machine & Tool Company. If the writeup in Vintage Trade Stimulators & Counter Games is correct , it says that AM & T made a version,,, and if you'll remember the description on the E-bay listing, it said something about having something along the lines of AM& T imprinted in the casting.

Of course the machine itself (which was also sold on E-bay a few days earlier) could have been the AM& T version and someone put the Mills marquee on top, but I doubt that. For one thing, I have that exact same machine in my collection, and it has the same Mills marquee on it (and so did the machine that sold on E-bay). Maybe if the buyer took it apart they could find some Mills designations (or part nos) on some of the cast parts in the mech (or some AM&T designations for that matter).

Mike Gumula
Graham, NC
Mike Gumula

Postby Mike Gumula » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:57 pm

Hi again guys !

Re my earlier post,,, I forgot to point out that the seller's listing for the marquee said it was found inside the Jockey that she had also sold on E-bay a few days earlier. That's why I was saying that it "might" have been the AM&T version (which loked like the one she sold & the one that I have- maybe the AM&T version looked just like the Mills version) , and someone had switched the marquees.

Mike Gumula
Graham, NC
mggslots@netpath.net
Mike Gumula

Return to E-Bay