Here we go Again!

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Re: Here we go Again!

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:00 am

TheFatman wrote:I understand there will always be new collectors in the market. But I have always known of the saying "Let the buyers beware" is so true. I agree that the integrity of the collectors in this industry should prevent items that are bastardizing machines from getting out there but..... in any industry or collector based industry, there will always be someone who is low life enough to take advantage of the newbie. Sickens me but I understand that they will always be lurking. Thanks to all who post and look out for these predators, and are willing to help anyone interested in buying.

The 'NEWBIES' are the ones that I am trying to protect the most, with all my Babbling. After all, they are the future collectors of our hobby. For as long as I have been trying to get the word spread about all this Phoney Crap, there seems to be very few that even care about my efforts, and do not keep the ball rolling. About two or three years ago, I talked to two new collectors, that had been screwed-over with a Bogus machine. One, who's first was a Made-up Penny Drop, then afterwards got snookered with one of the Vegas Butcher Shops creations, said "that was it, i'm sick of this crap", and sadly dropped out of the hobby. The other person also got shafted, and lied to, by the same person, and also said he was getting out. The first Phonies being slapped together by the Vegas Clown, many years ago, was the "Tavern". Then that wasn't enough. Now he is Bastardizing numerous different models into machine creations that are so far from original, it's sickning. Not to mention the fact, that he takes what were once 'perfectly good original machines', and turns them into his Fantasy Junk. Many of which have made-up Phoney reel strips & award cards, that never existed in any Trade Stimulator before now. But he will still tell you how original everything is. :^o
I will be putting more photo's on this site from time-to-time, to show all the junk he has created, so that all the newbies will know what to watch out for. Oh, and our seasoned collectors as well. As I have seen a few bidding on this junk on eBay.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:07 am

YES, "HERE WE GO AGAIN". Although the latest three to hit eBay, from the "Vegas Butcher Shop', are not as bad as most have been in the past.
These latest three creations were listed about 5 days ago.
All three have incorrect childish paintjobs, but two of them are closer to the original configuration, than most all have been in the past. It is also never mentioned in the descriptions about repro castings, (many of which DO NOT belong on some models), and incorrect fantasy reel strips & cards. Although one of these three does mention new reel strips. Check out eBay items #271165685065 - Daval "Daval Gum Vendor", and that's NOT a jackpot window below. It is a display window which held solid-colored marbles, to look like gumballs. If you won this 'So-Called Jackpot', the machine would have to be taken apart, to unscrew the metal compartment that the pennies are in. [-X
Item #221196847576 - Buckley "Ball Gum", which was originally a "Cent-A-Pack", noted by the 4 holes on the top casting, which he tore the nameplate from, and sold it seperately on eBay, along with the orig. cigarette strips. [-X
Item #221196921246 - Daval "Cent-A-Smoke", which never came with a jackpot. This style jackpot only came on two different Daval models. The jackpot is a recast. The background color of the new reel strips are way-off from the orig. dark green, and the award card is home-made as well. [-X
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:51 am

The Las Vegas Butcher Shop has again Botched-Up another FANTASY Creation. And wouldn't you just know, that it's another Estate Sale! :^o
If anyone gets stung with this thing, remember, "No returns due to eBay policies". What the hell eBay policy is that? "It's OK to screw someone
over, and make them eat it, when they find out later what they got"? BS! Two people that I know of, have made him take a BOGUS machine back.
This Groetchen "New Dandy Vender" has a slopply-made recast jackpot added to the front, which only came on one other machine model. This
machine NEVER came with a jackpot. The upper left window is not for a coin display, (especially new pennies). The casting with lettering that
once filled that hole, has been removed. The lower left window is for the gumball compartment display, not an award card. The original award
card goes where the phoney JP is now plastered, (with more new pennies). Back door was originally a casting, but has been replaced by a painted
flat steel door. Then to top it all off, we have a VERY SLOPPY trim paint job. Spread the word around to people you know, that are not part of
this Forum, so that hopefully, one of the newbies doesn't get stung with it. If it doesn't sell on eBay, you will be sure to see it in the next VCA
auction. That's where most of his junk is off-loaded. [-X

In the past few months, I have also seen two of the Bogus machines being resold on eBay by the persons that got stuck with them, and after finding
out what they had, now want to pass them on to someone else. One sold for more than the first go-around.

SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:28 pm

you would think VCA AUCTIONS ( www.vcaauctions.com )
would be alert enough to decline such obvious fakes in order to try to maintain their integrity.
roy would never have allowed that stuff when he was alive.
Midcoast Vintage

Postby watlingboy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:27 pm

Yikes, unfortunately Roy did put slots through his auction that he knew were complete repros.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Postby cpdretired » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:52 pm

Sold for $861.12
cpdretired

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:48 pm

Be sure that all of you 'Newbies" go back and read this thread from the beginning.
There is much to learn about all this BOGUS CRAP, out of the Vegas Butcher Shop.

2014-06-08 (not yet sold - $1,999.99) (a).jpg
Another Caille "Jr. Bell", that has been BASTARDIZED.

Here is yet another, once-nice-original Caille "Jr. Bell", that the Butcher has managed to completely destroy.
Recast marquee frame, which had to have new holes drilled to mount, with a home-made phoney card.
Made-up phoney BaseBall reel strips & award cards, that never existed on any other machine, plus the added
phoney stickers. This paper has been made only for the benefit of the Butcher, to profit by his 'Bogus Fantasy
Creations', that has snookered more people in this hobby than I want to think about. Then there is the added
incorrect colors, and ugly-looking marbles.
Just how many good original machines is this CHILD going to DESTROY in his lifetime, and all for GREED!
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:26 am

2014-06-07 (not yet sold - $695.99) (a).jpg
Daval "Daval Gum Vendor" w/recast Pace JP

Here is what would have been a nice collectable machine, had he left it in it's original condition.
Over-polished, incorrect colors, stark-white repro fruit reel strips, (which look way-out-of-place).
A recast Pace jackpot, that does not belong on this machine. Pennies in the gumball view window.
The worst looking addition, is the repro sticker that is mounted crooked, because it is the wrong
one for this machine. It is for the "Chicago Club House", which had the two ribbons at a different
position, to match that casting platform, not this one. The sticker also has incorrect coloring &
lettering, therefore not copied exactly from an original. The award card is also a Pace repro.
Another thing that has to be taken with a grain-of-salt, are the descriptions of most of his entries.
Most is all BS, trying to make it sound as if he had no hand in screwing-up the machine. Comments
like, "appears to have been repainted", "appears to have a new back door", "appears to have a new
lock", "estate sale", "cleaning out the shop", etc. He knows damn well what has been done to each,
as he is the one that created it. I'm amazed that he doesn't use that famous word "RARE", that is so
overused in all collectable categories. As I have said many times before, to our Forum members,
that do want to preserve the originality of the machines in our hobby, - "Spread the word to all of
our newbies, and non-newbies, about all of these Trash Creations coming out of Vegas".
SLOT DYNASTY

Previous

Return to E-Bay