COMPOSITE MILLS SLOT ON EBAY

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Re: COMPOSITE MILLS SLOT ON EBAY

Postby flipper77 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:46 am

Seller relisted on Chicago Craig's List for $1200. And without the fantasy explanation.
flipper77

Postby nvmos2 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:52 pm

After being continuously relisted on flebay for well over a year, the composite Castle Front/Futurity machine that started this tread has finally sold.
There were two bidders (unknowing suckers?) who bid the sale price up to $1425 (item number 201256425763).

If the new owner is a potential collector who was looking to start a collection, hopefully he won't be turned off to the hobby once he finds out what he has bought.

(item number corrected).
Last edited by nvmos2 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nvmos2

Postby JPCass » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:41 am

nvmos2 wrote:After being continuously relisted on flebay for well over a year, the composite Castle Front/Futurity machine that started this tread has finally sold.
There were two bidders (unknowing suckers?) who bid the sale price up to $1425 (item number 201256525763).

If the new owner is a potential collector who was looking to start a collection, hopefully he won't be turned off to the hobby once he finds out what he has bought.

When I search on that auction number, I get a video camera.

Can you provide the exact auction title, or a link? Thanks.
Restored Mills 5c Extraordinary "barn find", long gone - now restoring 1934 5c Extraordinary Gold Award with original World's Fair reel strips
Restoring early Mills 5c Firebird (large coin view window)
About to take on a Mills 5c Vest Pocket
JPCass

Postby oldslotman » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:01 am

Should be. 201256425763
oldslotman

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:06 pm

Yeah, it sold alright! :^o
I smell something fishy here!
Check the bid history. I think he's playing games with phoney bids.
Probably realizing that we have been right all along, with our contacts
about his BS Listing, and is finally going to pull it, and wants it to appear
as if it were sold, to a poor unsuspecting buyer.
Oh well! At least we don't have to see the listing any longer. =D>
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Anglobritish » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:29 pm

Guy's, all though you all mean well, let this guy get burnt, you cannot educate a fool, if he talks about front castings, let him look at the attached picture, he will argue that the machine was made by Silver King, just because it says silver king on the front, Mills made machines for private labels for several mail order houses,

If I was him I would join the Seeburgowners club and argue with them, about his Mills machines, If after reading all of the blogs you guy's post, and he still thinks you do not know what you guy's are talking about, he deserves all he get's, my guess is that his machine that as a different front, maybe the operator that had it, dropped the machine and broke the casting, then replaced it with a front casting off of another model that he had lying around, I know when I was a kid, my father did things like that all the time.
Sorry guy's, but I was trying to attach a copy of an original drawing of the Silver King Front Vender casting drawn by the Mills company in 1933, it was made for the Mills O.K front vender,
Anglobritish

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:41 am

The main thing that started all this 'hub-bub' about his botched-up Mills configuration on the forum to begin with,
was not what he thought it was, as he obviously didn't know diddly-squat about machines. He had a big long BS
story in his description, about personally talking with three former Mills employees, that told him these models
were 'special made' for a private-party establishment. First of all, just where were these three guys at, all at the
same time, where he just happened to be, and was discussing his machine? The funniest part of all this, is that
every time one of us would get a hold of him about his BS, he would made changes in his description. He did it at
least a half dozen times, and of coarse none of us knew what we were talking about! #-o Just a real 'hard-head'!
I just hope that he did shut the auction down, with his shill-bids, and that some poor uninformed collector didn't
get burned with it.
SLOT DYNASTY

Previous

Return to E-Bay