E Bay Auction # 6233724421 Three S;lots NR

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

E Bay Auction # 6233724421 Three S;lots NR

Postby goodguy » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:46 pm

Could use an opinion on these three- Ther golden Nugget appears to be a complete re make. Cannot tell if escalator works at all.

The Roman Head (50cents) has nothing in the escalator cannot tell if it works, or is a straight drop. If any one has a chance to look at these items - could use another opinion- the statement as is, is one thing the old story no keys is just that an old story. Any opinios would be appreciated. goodguy9
goodguy

Postby watlingboy » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:49 pm

Goodguy,

Can you say "Messed Up." All these machines seem to have issues. The Nugget is a revamp. New case and I think NO escalator. It appears to have coins glued or held in place in the escalator glass with a gold backing of some kind behind them. Very strange that the escalator of the 50 cent was emptied and then it jammed. It too has a new case. Where did the original one go? The Bursting Cherry has I believe new reel strips. I don't think they were using silver strips on this machine but I'm not positive of this. It has one penny in the escalator with empty slots on both sides of it. And lastly there is tape around the top of the handle on the 50 cent and Bursting Cherry. Often the keys were taped to the handles of machines. The tape is still there but the keys are gone. Maybe others will look and give their opinions. Does not look like a good deal at any price for me. :(

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Postby Dave » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:59 pm

The Bursting Cherry pays on a single cherry. The only ones I have ever seen that pay on a single cherry are the fakes.

I have never seen a legit BC with silver reel strips.

The Roman Head is interesting. The castings 'might be' original since I don't think anyone has recast the 50 cent castings. However, the case looks new and who knows what kind of mechanism is inside or if the jackpot is complete.

The Golden Nugget appears to have no escalator. The coins look like they are glued into place. In addition, I think the JP on the GN is not there. Probably just some sheet metal to hold coins in place.

All three appear to have the high top style handle that are on all the fake machines out there.

Interesting that the seller does not indicate how he came across these macines.

In my opinion, the current bid is way more than they are worth.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Return to E-Bay