REALLY BAD REPRO WAR EAGLE ON EBAY

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

REALLY BAD REPRO WAR EAGLE ON EBAY

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:30 am

Look at the escalator view window.
The coins are glued to a piece of cardboard, or something.
This is REALLY CHEEZY!
What fraudster turned these out?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Excellent-Mills ... 461ed1f2ad
Midcoast Vintage

Re: REALLY BAD REPRO WAR EAGLE ON EBAY

Postby kentdun » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:20 am

Yes, a cheezy repro. At least the seller is honest about it. He states it is remanufactured/repro and not original.
Not worth the $1000 he's asking, but at least a potential buyer knows what they are getting. I rather see honest ads like this, than the butchered stuff from Las Vegas.
kentdun

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:35 pm

This appears to be a Royal Bell creation, as they did theirs in gold, and called them the "Golden Eagle".
I have seen quite a few of these, void of the escalator, with coins glued in the window, but I don't remember
if R.B. did that trick. It probably is void of a jackpot as well. Strangely enough, it has white reel strips, and
even a two cherry payout. This may even be a mix-match from two different 'hash-shops'. The mechanism
also looks 'Brand New', as Royal Bell had all the tooling to build the complete mech.
As you say, at least the seller is stating what it is.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:12 pm

Tom Krahl , Norby Michaels, and others also made them. Zeke Wolf may have also made them, as his Auto-Bell mfg made a lot of machines before he died.
Midcoast Vintage

Postby Dave » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:49 pm

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:This appears to be a Royal Bell creation, as they did theirs in gold, and called them the "Golden Eagle".
I have seen quite a few of these, void of the escalator, with coins glued in the window, but I don't remember
if R.B. did that trick. It probably is void of a jackpot as well. Strangely enough, it has white reel strips, and
even a two cherry payout. This may even be a mix-match from two different 'hash-shops'. The mechanism
also looks 'Brand New', as Royal Bell had all the tooling to build the complete mech.

Speaking of RB, I think the owners sold that company a long time ago and got really into mechanical music.

Did they screw up the mechanical music area of collection like they did antique slot machines?
Dave
Site Admin

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:58 am

Dave wrote:
SLOT DYNASTY wrote:This appears to be a Royal Bell creation, as they did theirs in gold, and called them the "Golden Eagle".

Speaking of RB, I think the owners sold that company a long time ago and got really into mechanical music.

Did they screw up the mechanical music area of collection like they did antique slot machines?

Royal Bell hasn't been doing any Slot stuff for several years. They got out of it completely, and focused all
their time to coin-op music, which was a passion of theirs all along. Last time I spoke to Rosanna, she didn't
even want to talk about Slot machines. The conversation was just 'music-music-music'. As a matter of fact,
Nickelodeons & Orchestrions was all I ever worked on, before I acquired a deep interest in gambling machines.
After the Slot bug bit me, it was all I could do, to keep from buying most of which I came upon personally, and
what my pickers were coming up with on a regular basis. Mind you.........this was all before California had it's
first collectable law, of 1945 & older. In fact, my first business cards said nothing about coin-op machines at
all. My business name was "Antique Nickelodeon Restoration & Repairs". Oh, those were the 'Fun' years! :D
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Dave » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:58 pm

Just thought I would post a photo of the total reproduction.
Attachments
fakeWarEagle2.JPG
Dave
Site Admin

Return to E-Bay