ANTIQUE 1935 CAST METAL WEE GEE COIN OPERATED COUNTER TOP TR

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

ANTIQUE 1935 CAST METAL WEE GEE COIN OPERATED COUNTER TOP TR

Postby Daddyfrank7660 » Fri May 09, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi' I'm looking for some input on this item on eBay. I have researched it & have not came up with much on it. I like the trade stimulator & to be honest with you I pick the ones that I buy or try to purchase, by how much function they have and do. Because other than collect ability . I do mess with them. They don't just sit around to be talked about. I feel they are not the same as a person that collects fabrerge eggs that are there & ment to just admire. Please I mean no a fence to those that just keep there machines dusted. Anyway to my point I know you guys out there in coin-op land that know tons more than me, can help me with value & possibly some history. Listing says it's rear but it's not the first to have that in there listing. I would like to know just how rear it is. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Daddyfrank
Daddyfrank7660

Re: ANTIQUE 1935 CAST METAL WEE GEE COIN OPERATED COUNTER TO

Postby nvmos2 » Sat May 10, 2014 9:28 am

Since nobody has yet addressed this comment; I'm no expert but as one of the bidders on this Wee Gee, I'll offer my opinion.

"Rare" is a relative term; unless you define it and develop criteria based upon empirical data, your idea of "Rare" is different from mine.
Various books/price guides have developed their own scales of rarity.
See the the thread about Pace Kitty rarity under "Just Chatting" for different but equally valid views of "Rare."

Peo Manufacturing Corporation was in Rochester, NY and made some really nice counter games in the late 1920s - early 30s.
Their Little Whirlwind from 1930 was revolutionary.
In casual conversation, I have no problem whatsoever using the term "Rare" for this Wee Gee, especially in the condition it is in.
I think it's current price is about right, but it's now at my bidding limit so I'm out of the auction.
It'll be interesting to see what it goes for.
nvmos2

Postby nvmos2 » Sat May 10, 2014 10:07 am

I would like to add;
I fully agree that "Rare" is GROSSLY OVERUSED on ebay.
nvmos2

Postby altort » Sat May 10, 2014 10:14 am

Hi nvmos2

I have been watching the listing my self, not bidding but very interested, I have several Peo's and think that they are very neat machines, "RARE" is such loosely used word, every one has their own opinion on what is "RARE", my take is and as always been that "RARE" can be applied to any Item that was manufactured in low numbers or few known to exist.
This Peo may or may not qualify as "RARE" since it's not likely that Peo only made a few or only a hand full have survived, there could be a 100 of them in collectors possession or in a barn some were waiting to be discovered.
I always buy a machine because I like it and I want it, not because it's rare or valuable, I base the amount I am willing to pay simply by how bad do I want that machine or am I willing to wait for a better deal, that could take a wile and life is to short, I have no regrets on any of my purchases.
Now back to the PEO WEE GEE, I probably wont place a bid on it, running out of room fast, but certainly a great machine that to me any ways is worthy of the current bid.
altort

Postby Daddyfrank7660 » Sat May 10, 2014 1:06 pm

Hi' I want to thank you all for your views on this item. It has now gotten a little to high in cost for me. I feel if I was to bid any more, I would have to treat it like a fabrerge egg. I would be worried of me or a family member breaking it. Lol. Plus for that kind of money, I think I'd rather have another nice old slot machine
But I'll tell you one thing I'm glad I joined this coin-op. I found a great good group of people, that I feel are defiantly not just in this field for money. This is my second in life of joining something like this. My first was a TSR-80 cumputer club. Back in the 80's.. So far I'm 2for2. Thanks again frank
Daddyfrank7660

Postby Daddyfrank7660 » Sat May 10, 2014 1:15 pm

Update. Not sure why but looks as if seller has pulled it. As of now I don't see it relisted. Don't know but it couldn't have been because it wasn't going high enough. Oh we'll. cool machine. But another cool one will be right up soon I'm sure.

Thanks
Daddyfrank7660

Postby Bill zap » Sat May 10, 2014 2:16 pm

Funny but that auction just was ended. Someone must of offered him a side deal.
Bill zap

Postby altort » Sat May 10, 2014 3:51 pm

I hate when the seller pulls the listing to take a side offer or because he feels the dollar amount is not high enough, if he had a specific dollar amount in mind he should have listed it with a buy it now.
altort

Postby nvmos2 » Sat May 10, 2014 4:21 pm

altort;
Well said.
I have no objective basis whatsoever, but am willing to call this game "rare" just based upon casual observation over the years and the fact that I was willing to pop for over $1000 to get it.
For me to spend that kind of money for a game is rare indeed.

daddyfrank;
Sorry neither you nor I got it; looks like we'll never know where it disappeared to.
You should be aware that there is a similar type game called Try Skill, which I believe is more common than the Wee Gee,
but watch out that game has been reproduced.
I have a Try Skill and, whenever we have a party, it is one of the most popular games to play.
I think the reproduction is called Roll Skill; if you see one on ebay, it is probably a reproduction.
Keep hunting!
nvmos2

Postby Daddyfrank7660 » Sat May 10, 2014 11:02 pm

Hi. I spoke with the seller & he said he did not sale it on a side deal. He told me he was messing with it & noticed a issue with a couple coins badly stuck in it. His email to me said he was going to have someone look at it & get it fixed. I took that as he only sales them & does not know a lot about fixing them himself. I ended with if you done mind, please drop me an email when he realists it. He did answer me back with "I sure will" so we will see. Sence it's ended if you click on the ended listing you will see someone's max bid was $2200.00 I'll tell you one thing you can count on me, that I wont be bidding that high. If he does relist it.

Sincerely
Frank
Daddyfrank7660

Next

Return to E-Bay