Groetchen "Smoke House"

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Groetchen "Smoke House"

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:01 pm

Groetchen 'Smoke House' (operator revamp) (repaint).jpg
Groetchen "Smoke House" (Operator Revamp)
This machine auction ends in a couple more hours.
Much research was done on this machine, by Dick Bueschel & myself many years ago, and the only thing
that we came up with, was that it was an operator revamp of a "21 Vender". I had the only one known for
several years, then a second one turned up, and a while later, a third. This one could be a forth, or maybe
one of the others, that someone stripped the case, and repainted the castings incorrectly, as all the others
I knew about, were all the same, (like my first one, that is shown on page 143 of the Trade Stimulator Bible).
So, this is not a machine that has been made-up recently. It is an early revamp, with a carnivalized paint job.
Interesting to see what it will end up at.
SLOT DYNASTY

Re: Groetchen "Smoke House"

Postby cpdretired » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:24 am

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:
Groetchen 'Smoke House' (operator revamp) (repaint).jpg
This machine auction ends in a couple more hours.
Much research was done on this machine, by Dick Bueschel & myself many years ago, and the only thing
that we came up with, was that it was an operator revamp of a "21 Vender". I had the only one known for
several years, then a second one turned up, and a while later, a third. This one could be a forth, or maybe
one of the others, that someone stripped the case, and repainted the castings incorrectly, as all the others
I knew about, were all the same, (like my first one, that is shown on page 143 of the Trade Stimulator Bible).
So, this is not a machine that has been made-up recently. It is an early revamp, with a carnivalized paint job.
Interesting to see what it will end up at.

$799.10
cpdretired

Postby cpdretired » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:55 am

Bill the picture of the original on page 143 shows a different size type on the name plate. Is the below Ebay picture a Smokehouse or a modified Twenty One?
Attachments
Smokehouse.JPG
cpdretired

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:13 pm

They are all revamped "21 Vender" models. The other one that turned up, was identical to mine.
The seller of this one, (whom I know), has had a habit of occasionally repainting machines in non-original
color schemes, which he may have done with this one, and also stripped the black paint from the case. As
far as the nameplate is concerned, it may have been rough, and he had it redone, not using the same size
lettering. The new owner, (whom I also know), should be putting it back to original configuration, as he
likes originality more than GLITZ.
SLOT DYNASTY

Return to E-Bay