I don't get this Mills Black Gold

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

I don't get this Mills Black Gold

Postby doc » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:00 am

Could someone clue me in on this Mills Black Gold, ebay auction 301103471392? A picture is below.

Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mills-25c-BLACK ... 461b2a5b20

I just restored my first Mills Black Gold, and I'll note some differences with this machine:
Mine is 2-5 payout, this one is 3-5. (Is there some thread on the forum that explains the differences in these payouts?)
Mine had a gold-colored award card, this one has a black background award card and claims it is the original, etched card. (It looks like a reproduction to me.)

Other thoughts about the ebay slot:
No Mills decal.
The rivets were painted over.
It's too clean (unless it was completed stripped).
Its a "bargain" at $3149.
Attachments
Mills on Ebay.JPG
Is this original????
doc

Re: I don't get this Mills Black Gold

Postby oldslotman » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:13 am

doc wrote:Could someone clue me in on this Mills Black Gold, ebay auction 301103471392? A picture is below.

Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mills-25c-BLACK ... 461b2a5b20

I just restored my first Mills Black Gold, and I'll note some differences with this machine:
Mine is 2-5 payout, this one is 3-5. (Is there some thread on the forum that explains the differences in these payouts?)
Mine had a gold-colored award card, this one has a black background award card and claims it is the original, etched card. (It looks like a reproduction to me.)

Other thoughts about the ebay slot:
No Mills decal.
The rivets were painted over.
It's too clean (unless it was completed stripped).
Its a "bargain" at $3149.

Most Mills high top machines will be 2/5 payout meaning that it will pay 2 coins on a single cherry. Some of the older high tops may have had some leftover 3/5 payouts meaning that you had to get two cherries to pay 3 coins. The award card should be gold colored just like the reel strips on the Black Gold machine. A lot of the machines that he restores or fixes up are not necessarily correct.
oldslotman

Return to E-Bay