Rockola sweepstakes on ebay

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Rockola sweepstakes on ebay

Postby sam2002 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:51 am

Looks quite nice any opinions on this machine ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Rockola-Of ... 27ead21f8c
sam2002

Re: Rockola sweepstakes on ebay

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:12 pm

Yes, I have plenty to say about this Sweepstakes. IT IS A TOTAL REPRODUCTION. "STAY AWAY"! Especially at 3 G's [-X

There are many repro's of this machine on the market. Most all of which are built in Southern California. Both Gum & Non-Gum models.
This particular one, is one of the Worst I have seen. Having the magnifier feature on the sight, helps to see the childish workmanship.
The grooves that are cut into the sides of the case, are sloppy, and not the right depth. Case too shiny, and sloppy paint in the grooves.
Check ALL of the recast castings, both inside & out. They are far from quality, and absolutely NO attempt was made to make them look
presentable. Sloppy paint on all of the castings. Some horses are painted incorrect colors. They never had gold, silver or orange horses.
Only three of the eight horses are painted the correct colors, and in the correct number positions. Also, a steel ball was never used for
the odds, around the turntable. Has repro background scene. Also, original instruction cards were never white. They only came in black,
with silver or white print, and red, with black print. The inner slanted glass, at the top front, is installed with rubberized sealant blobbed
on both ends. Most people have no idea how those glass pieces were originally installed. If that glass got broken, and is missing in an original
machine, some do not put a replacement in. It was installed for a purpose. To keep cheaters from feeding a shim, between the top & front
glass, to manipulate the turntable & odds ball. The finish post is incorrect, and has a style pointer, that was never in an original. The 4 posts
on the left are all different heights, and there is NO Tilt post, (even though it says so in the casting. The tilt post was omitted on all the repros,
because it was too time-consuming to make all the inner parts. The chain-guide post, and spring is also not on the mechanism. All of the inner
recast parts are rough & sloppy as well, and some of the flat metal parts not made exact. The piece of galvanized metal backing on the gum
view compartment, is far from original. That extra long spring, attached to the screw-eye to the rear, is also not original. There was also NO
serial numbers on any of the repro machines, and hopefully someone doesn't start placing any on them. The window in the back door is not
lined-up correctly with the inner coin rack. The coin actuating lever is either jammed to the left, or there is no return spring attached. The
worst thing of all, is that this one has been changed to nickel play. All originals are penny play, except for some that were produced for the
Foreign market. One of the worst things about this example, is why would someone polish it all up, and even make the case look like glass,
when the entire workmanship is so bad, that it stands out even more like a sore-thumb!
Hopefully none of our Forum members are anticipating adding this 'Piece of Crap' to their collection. The asking price is insane, and the most
anyone should offer, would be minimal, just for some parts, and even that is iffy.

I have had several original "Sweepstakes" over the years, and have restored many, for others as well. I have studied them thoroughly, and
know them inside & out. Any other questions, feel free to ask.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby mrcoin » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:18 pm

Ok Bill, now tell us what you really think. :-D
mrcoin

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:04 am

OK.
And another thing. Blah-Blah-Blah-Blah-Blah!!!!! :roll:
You can quote me on that!
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Daddyfrank7660 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:20 am

Hi Bill'
You keep letting us new bee's know what's up on Fleabay. I can honestly say you have saved me from making the big plunge mistake on several item's. Some people think you should sugar coat your opinions. I myself like your blunt opinion's on the fake or not so real item's that are trying & being sold on Fleabay. As you & I have spoke about, if more buyers/collectors would speak up to eBay about theses new type item's being sold as originals. Under the 25year old or specific state code. eBay may be forced to enforce there codes & state codes. If more of us would complain about these item's. So keep up the good work "slot dynasty"

Daddyfrank
Daddyfrank7660

Postby cpdretired » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:40 am

One thing about Bill is that he is never lost for words. But if you need advice he is the man to see.
cpdretired

Postby mrcoin » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:17 am

Well I made a best offer to the jerk wad on this piece. $3.00 but only if he included free shipping because it was the worst reproduction of this piece I had ever seen. He has not responded to the offer LOL
mrcoin

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:05 pm

mrcoin wrote:Well I made a best offer to the jerk wad on this piece. $3.00 but only if he included free shipping because it was the worst reproduction of this piece I had ever seen. He has not responded to the offer LOL

I don't think he will be responding to your generous offer of $3.00, as I know someone else
that offered him $5.00, also with shipping incl., because he only needed the background
scene, and one horse.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:37 pm

I sent the seller a question.
he replied.
see below:
To: flatheadnut59
Subject: Other: midcoastvintage sent a message about RARE!! Rockola Official Sweepstakes #171443363724
Sent Date: Sep-06-14 11:06:27 PDT

Dear flatheadnut59,

HI, is this an original, or, one of the reproductions?
thank you in advance for an honest answer.

here is the reply i received:

RARE!! Rockola Official Sweepstakes
Item Id: 171443363724
End time: Sep-08-14 09:54:23 PDT
Seller:

flatheadnut59 (107)
Seller has responded to your question about this item
Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More

Dear midcoastvintage,

Hello, I truly think this is an original machine, I have saw many of the reproductions and the case is different on the reproductions. I have owned this machine for many years and it is in the same condition as when I purchased it. If it was a reproduction from the 1980,s it would have been so new at the time I purchased it that it would not have required restoration at the time. When I purchased it I was assured by the seller that it was all original. Now with the honest answer, I will tell you that someone told me that some of the mechanism was not original, however, this was after he made several offers which I could not accept. So I don,t know about that. It is very hard for me to think the case could be so perfect and the inter workings to be replaced, normally it would be the way around. Should you have other questions you mall call me at 210-380-2802. Thank you.

Charlie

- flatheadnut59
Midcoast Vintage

Postby WikiSlots » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:27 pm

Wow! You guys are good! It looks so close to this one ... http://www.oldslots.com/products/170_-R ... -Game.html
WikiSlots

Next

Return to E-Bay