ANOTHER FAKE REPRODUCTION SLOT MACHINE FOR SALE ON EBAY

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

ANOTHER FAKE REPRODUCTION SLOT MACHINE FOR SALE ON EBAY

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:54 pm

THIS ONE IS REALLY CHEESEY!
He states VINTAGE, but, the only thing i see vintage is the dirt in the reel windows.
This one is offered by a guy who should know better, but, maybe he doesn't has he may be the las vegas butcher's relative.
He has dozens of screwed up machines... added on marquee's...legs, and all kinds of really bizarre "restorations".
this war eagle copy has no pump, no jackpot adjustment plate, plus plenty of other wrong stuff....but nom jackpot inspection plate....when did that crap start appearing...or should i say DIS-appearing?
I will say this guy has a huge inventory, and some amazing stuff, but, he also has a LOT of hokey machines.
BEWARE!...HIS DESCRIPTIONS ARE V-E-R-Y MINIMAL.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-25-cent ... 540fdda34f
Midcoast Vintage

Re: ANOTHER FAKE REPRODUCTION SLOT MACHINE FOR SALE ON EBAY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:09 pm

I have chatted on the phone with this fellow Car Guy a few times in the past.
I brought up many of the machines that have all the 'Hokey' add-on features, and that they were not correct.
There wasn't anything he could do about it, because most all of those machines are consignments in his shop.
He probably could have told the owner what I had relayed to him, but my guess, is that the owner doesn't
care one iota, what we think, and will continue trying to sell them that way, til hell freezes over. And yes,
he is probably related to the Vegas Butcher.
SLOT DYNASTY

Re: ANOTHER FAKE REPRODUCTION SLOT MACHINE FOR SALE ON EBAY

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:50 pm

he could refuse to take hokey machines into his shop.
does he not realize that all his hokey machines make everything in his shop look suspect?
there are enough straight machines out there that there is no need for the hokey or repro stuff.
with the inventory, and unusual stuff he carries, if he just dealt in straight stuff, he would have people lining up to buy,but, one hokey item can make a persons entire inventory suspect.
you would think he would realize that.
Midcoast Vintage

Return to E-Bay