Current Ebay Auction Inquiry??

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Current Ebay Auction Inquiry??

Postby RameGoom » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:29 am

Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Re: Current Ebay Auction Inquiry??

Postby cpdretired » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:43 am

I only have a few slots as I collect trade stimulators. In 2004 I a bought a Jennings Duchess at the Chicagoland show from Frank Zygmunt. I paid $1500.00 for it. To this day it works perfect. The $900.00 price sounds too low. Time for Dave & the experts to chime in.
Ron
cpdretired

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:44 am

it appears to be a clean, straight machine.
price seems fair, and she is not being greedy on the shipping charge.
machine has been listed several times with no sale, for some reason.
ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE BUYING.
if all is in fact as described and pictured, you should be fine at that price.
Midcoast Vintage

Postby watlingboy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:24 am

This is about what they are worth. From the beginning of the hobby, they have never brought much money. Even penny versions which you would think would sell in the high teens only seem to bring $1200 to $1300. What an individual pays for a machine is not necessarily the market price.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Postby RameGoom » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:27 am

Thanks for the feedback folks.

I bit and will give it a shot. I have only a few antique machines, but here I am, struggling with the addiction.

Just got to figure out what to do with these dozens of electronic 70's and 80's machines...

John
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Postby Dave » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:36 am

cpdretired wrote:I only have a few slots as I collect trade stimulators. In 2004 I a bought a Jennings Duchess at the Chicagoland show from Frank Zygmunt. I paid $1500.00 for it. To this day it works perfect. The $900.00 price sounds too low. Time for Dave & the experts to chime in.
Ron

The Jennings Duchess is a neat little machine but they have never brought a lot of money. When the economy bonbed in 2007 that hurt the lower end machines.

$1,500 was probably at the upper end of what they were worth back when you bought it.

$900 is about right in todays market (in my opinion).
Dave
Site Admin

Postby TheFatman » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:45 am

I bought an original machine for 600 and some change at Morphys. It was all original with original paint. I dont see a very high value for this machine as compared to others. BUT ... I like them and if I had the money available at this time, I would go and get it myself. I contacted the seller and seems to be a nice person. Chances are this machine looks original from what I have seen. I do like the open vendor windows, the one I have are solid panels. I dont think you can go wrong with it. But make sure the seller knows how to pack it and make sure it is insured. I do see that it have been polished somewhat and new yellow paint on it. I wish there was pictures of the mech and the inside of the cabinet. Dont know about the cashbox but keep your fingers crossed its original.
Dave F
TheFatman

Return to E-Bay