Frank Polk on Ebay is a Scam

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Re: Frank Polk on Ebay is a Scam

Postby TheFatman » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:30 am

I think its possible that he has no plans for trying to get money directly from an Ebay sale, but wants email contact directly to upload malware to steal identity and possible accounts info. Thats the reason for the insisting on direct email.
TheFatman

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:58 pm

i filed a report on every possible wrong aspect of his listing... 5 different ones
it is still up.
they let sellers like this stay, but, suspend good sellers for an accidental infraction.
very honest and efficient way to run a business!
it is truly baffling how guys like this, the vegas butcher, the guys selling repro's, and other fraudsters manage to not get suspended, and, even more why ebay turns a blind eye and deaf ear when the facts are brought to their attention.
Midcoast Vintage

Postby oldslotman » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:49 pm

Midcoast Vintage wrote:i filed a report on every possible wrong aspect of his listing... 5 different ones
it is still up.
they let sellers like this stay, but, suspend good sellers for an accidental infraction.
it is truly baffling how guys like this, the vegas butcher, the guys selling repro's, and other fraudsters manage to not get suspended, and, even more why ebay turns a blind eye and deaf ear when the facts are brought to their attention.

On the lighter side, ebay is not completely blind. They did prevent me from buying a decal to put on the side of one of my slot machines stating that " you are not allowed to bid on this item since you live in a state that does not allow slot machines" [-X But if you want to sell your machine you can, you just cannot sell it to someone in your state. #-o I give up, goodnight
oldslotman

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:05 am

oldslotman wrote:
Midcoast Vintage wrote:i filed a report on every possible wrong aspect of his listing... 5 different ones
it is still up.

On the lighter side, ebay is not completely blind. They did prevent me from buying a decal to put on the side of one of my slot machines stating that " you are not allowed to bid on this item since you live in a state that does not allow slot machines" [-X But if you want to sell your machine you can, you just cannot sell it to someone in your state. #-o I give up, goodnight

Now, your in an illegal state, right? You can't own any slot machines. That decal was for your tool box, right? :lol:
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:48 am

i wonder if joe build it guy, who knows nothing about slot machines, or anything coin-op, but, needs some nuts & bolts for a car he is restoring, (or any other similar project), but lives in an illegal slot machine state, bids on a box of SAY... 3/16" SLOT head MACHINE screws... if the ebay computer will block him from buying?
Midcoast Vintage

Postby oldslotman » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:28 am

Even if I want to buy a book about the history of slot machines and it is listed under slot machine title, I cannot bit on it. Funny thing is, there are slot machines sold at auctions here and sometimes even in pawn shops. There is kind of an understanding here that ownership of antique slots is ok as long as they are not being used for illegal gambling. But they still have the law on their side if they need it.
oldslotman

Postby oldslotman » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:35 am

Midcoast Vintage wrote:i wonder if joe build it guy, who knows nothing about slot machines, or anything coin-op, but, needs some nuts & bolts for a car he is restoring, (or any other similar project), but lives in an illegal slot machine state, bids on a box of SAY... 3/16" SLOT head MACHINE screws... if the ebay computer will block him from buying?

Only items listed under" slot machine" category. If items are listed under the category" replacements parts" I can bid on it. So if someone listed a slot machine mech under replacement parts I could bid on it. =D>
oldslotman

Postby Dave » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:13 am

FYI, I have started a thread in the protected COPS area about this.

Some interesting things are being done but it will not be disclosed until after the auction is over.

Please do NOT alert the scammer to this forum.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:35 pm

this item shows "ended by seller", as do all his other auctions except the exercise piece... which still has the same bogus "contact me" description.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-Frank-Pol ... 1662338387?
Midcoast Vintage

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:39 am

Apparently eBay finally did their job for a change, or the seller was being hassled so much from us,
that he decided to go Dixie. Only thing is, if eBay shut him down, why is the exercise machine still
running. I don't think he will be dabbling around in the machine category any longer. With his brazen
attitude, he will most likely try his hand in eBay Motors, selling someone else's Mercedes for $2,500.
SLOT DYNASTY

PreviousNext

Return to E-Bay