Frank Polk on Ebay is a Scam

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Re: Frank Polk on Ebay is a Scam

Postby Swami » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:16 pm

I have reported it 3 times to ebay with NO Reply....

Keep in mind when you ask this guy for additional photos, I had 12 photos of this machine online when this guy stole them. He is only using one, so I'm sure he could produce more.

Chris
Swami

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:28 pm

if chris has contacted ebay, and reported his stolen picture, ebay SHOULD have taken this down.
does anyone (george...) recognize that rolatop from a previous listing?
but, then again... no matter how much fact is given to ebay... they won't do anything.
they would rather let fraud prevail, and, walk all over honest sellers.
they proved they care nothing about sellers when they made feedback a one way street.
Midcoast Vintage

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:57 pm

TheFatman wrote:If I miss the Ebay required verbage about legal slots, my listing is removed. But this guy can post somehow, his direct email address right in the listing which I thought was against Ebays policy???

There are thousands of ads that have that info listed, which is clearly a violation of ebay policy, but, they do nothing about it.
BUT.... make a minor, unintentional mistake...you're history!
Midcoast Vintage

Postby oldslotman » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:58 pm

TheFatman wrote:If I miss the Ebay required verbage about legal slots, my listing is removed. But this guy can post somehow, his direct email address right in the listing which I thought was against Ebays policy???

I believe his email is a JPEG picture and not typed in script. You can sneek your email in if you put it in a picture.
Last edited by oldslotman on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldslotman

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:22 pm

Swami wrote:I have reported it 3 times to ebay with NO Reply....

Keep in mind when you ask this guy for additional photos, I had 12 photos of this machine online when this guy stole them. He is only using one, so I'm sure he could produce more.

Chris

what was ebay's response when you contacted them with proof of the photo theft, and, proof that the guy is running a scam, and has all his contact info posted?
Midcoast Vintage

Postby WikiSlots » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:36 pm

On each item that is listed, you can click the "Report Item" link and choose something like, Listing Practices and Avoiding Ebay Fees and Contact Info in Listing. I did that for all of the listings. Then, I went back and did it again as "Fraudulent". I've done things like that in the past and I've seen Ebay take them down before, so maybe they're setting this person up.

Anyway, I suppose I stated the obvious and you all know that. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

By the way, I also "asked a question" of the seller. I wrote ... "BUSTED! Watcha gonna do ... whatcha gonna do when they come for you!".
WikiSlots

Postby Dave » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:54 pm

I sent the guy an email asking how much for the two slots. He said $4,500 and that includes shipping and handling. Wow, what a deal.

I then asked how he would handle the auction because there are bids on both machines and asked him if he took PayPal.

Still awaiting the response on that.

Perhaps we should all bid on his machines so no other person gets them.

After we win we report him to ebay and give him a neg. feedback so other people are warned.

ebay will charge his paypal account for the final valuation fees =D>
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:52 pm

The part of the listing that has his email is actually an image.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:39 am

One way to attack this clown, is for swami to post an auction, with a different Polk Figure for sale,
showing a reasonable low opening bid, with a ridiculously high reserve, and also have a pix in the
lineup, of the one that the Scam Artist has listed. In the description, put a warning in big bold letters,
telling people of the Scam with the other listing. We will see how fast the bidders start retracting
their bids. Perhaps that will wake eBay out of their sleep, and act on it.
Also, being as this is swami's machine, he can list the same figure, with the warning as well. This will
sure-as-hell start confusing the bidders, when they see the same exact machine listed.
I wrote the Scammer yesterday, asking him for the serial numbers on both machines. Nothing yet, and
I don't expect to get a reply.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:21 am

I also wrote eBay about having his e-mail and payment methods in the listing.
You have to go into an area, where you can select something, that allows you
to write a message.
The first time I sent the notice to eBay yesterday, I selected 1) Listing practices.
2) Fraudulent listing activities. 3) You suspect that the listing is fraudulent. There
is no box to write a message with these selections. You just submit those three
selections, which they probably place on a back burner, or quite possibly, trash it.

As for the "Rol-A-Top", I thought that I knew the high bidder, and was going to
drop him a note. But after checking the code feedback number, it was different
than his userID. Shucks! That would have been at least one bid retraction. I don't
recognize any of the codes, bidding on the Polk.
Another thing on the Watling - How come he was looking for $2,500, and the bids
are now at $3,272 ? Doesn't anyone read the description? Also, look at the bid history.
There is one (private), and one (0) bidder. Looks a bit suspicious to me. As in Shill.
SLOT DYNASTY

PreviousNext

Return to E-Bay