FRAUDULENT WATLING ROL-A-TOP SLOT MACHINE SCAM ON EBAY

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

FRAUDULENT WATLING ROL-A-TOP SLOT MACHINE SCAM ON EBAY

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:53 pm

As most of us are aware... the person running the scam frank polk auction on ebay also has this rol-a-top listed.
i just sent him this email through the ebay system:
hi,
nice machine.
can you provide the serial number so i can date the machine, and some photo's of the mechanism outside the case.
thank you in advance.

frank polk auction:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-Frank-Pol ... 3a983e8953
rol-a-top auction:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Slot-Ma ... 8387&rt=nc
Midcoast Vintage

Re: FRAUDULENT WATLING ROL-A-TOP SLOT MACHINE SCAM ON EBAY

Postby J57T » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:58 pm

Regarding the Rol A Top: It is obvious that it has been "restored" (sounds more venerable than what it actually is: RE-PAINTED). My preference is original condition Rol A Tops; thus my disinterest in the machine itself. However, I am curious, what is considered "fraudulent"?

I find the listing confusing by the self-contradicting description: . . . original professionally restored . . .? Also the buy-it-now price being different than the price he is willing to take, found in the description; and the insinuation to deal direct rather than sell thru e-bay. Undisclosed "restorations"?

I would simply like to know what others find to be "fraudulent"?
J57T

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:49 am

Read the thread about the Frank Polk Figure listing, and you'll see what is Fraudulent.
All four of this sellers listings, is a SCAM. He Does Not own anything. He is using other
eBay members Photos. He has been reported to eBay by several people. Now it's the
'waiting game', to see if and when eBay reacts.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby damikeguy » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:43 am

I emailed the scammer also asking for serial numbers and pictures. Not expecting a reply. Could we flood his inbox? Naaa :twisted:
Mike
damikeguy

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:59 am

J57T wrote:Regarding the Rol A Top: It is obvious that it has been "restored" (sounds more venerable than what it actually is: RE-PAINTED). My preference is original condition Rol A Tops; thus my disinterest in the machine itself. However, I am curious, what is considered "fraudulent"?

I find the listing confusing by the self-contradicting description: . . . original professionally restored . . .? Also the buy-it-now price being different than the price he is willing to take, found in the description; and the insinuation to deal direct rather than sell thru e-bay. Undisclosed "restorations"?

I would simply like to know what others find to be "fraudulent"?

Read this thread. it will explain exactly what it going on:
http://www.coinopcollectorforum.com/vie ... f=8&t=3142
Midcoast Vintage

Postby goodguy » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:08 am

The scam on the watling becomes evdent when the bid price is $3200, and he is willing
to take $2500, take all the deductions from ebay and paypal, and he is still ahead of
the game. at the bid price. At that point the deceit becomes obvious and he is a thief.
The machine looked pretty n grooved case and all .
I wonder whose photo he used. goodguy
goodguy

Return to E-Bay