Strange Roman Head on E-Bay

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Strange Roman Head on E-Bay

Postby Dave » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:14 pm

Check out this bizzare Roman Head on E-Bay.

It had a fish mouth coin entry, but the entry in on the right side of the machine. Therefore, the escalator would have the coins moving from right to left instead of left to right.

The only fish mouth entries I have ever seen are for 50 cent machines.

It is obvious that this machine is all jacked up, but the strange castings intrigued me. I have no desire to own this thing, I am just curious about it.

Did Mills ever make a casting like this?

You can view the E-Bay listing at http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBa ... 6607944740

Dave
Site Admin

Strange Roman Head

Postby watlingboy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:24 am

Strange models were made for the foreign market such as odd ball War Eagles, etc. My guess is that this a converted foreign machine.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Re: Strange Roman Head

Postby Dave » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:50 pm

watlingboy wrote:Strange models were made for the foreign market such as odd ball War Eagles, etc. My guess is that this a converted foreign machine.

Watlingboy

Yeah, but this casting would have required a special escalator along with a mechanism that was basically a mirror image of a regular mechanism.

Sure seems like a lot of work for Mills to go through.

I noticed that this machine has skill stops which does make it likely that it was made for the foreign market.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

strange Roman Head

Postby watlingboy » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:17 am

Dave,

I agree, why would they do this? Caille made French floor model uprights with a single coin entry instead of the 6 way head. That makes no sense to me either. Still confused.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Return to E-Bay