I AM NOT AN EXPERT????

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

I AM NOT AN EXPERT????

Postby TheFatman » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:40 pm

I am confused with this statement because I see other slots in the background, which tells me he IS familiar with slots more than just a picker for resale.
Here is the Flea Bay ad ...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251688586395?_t ... NA:US:1120

Tell me what you all think ... am I wrong?
Dave F
TheFatman

Re: I AM NOT AN EXPERT????

Postby MikeB » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:01 pm

Just because a guy has some slots and sells them, doesn't make them an expert. He could be simply a collector that has a couple machines, or just a flipper buying and selling stuff to make a few bucks. Could be he's never opened them, or done anything beyond photographing them and listing them for sale.

Of course, some people might think putting that in their Ebay ad (whether they are expert or not) excuses them from giving a refund if the buyer finds bad issues once he gets the machine and wants to return it.
MikeB

Re: I AM NOT AN EXPERT????

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:58 pm

MikeB wrote:Just because a guy has some slots and sells them, doesn't make them an expert. He could be simply a collector that has a couple machines, or just a flipper buying and selling stuff to make a few bucks. Could be he's never opened them, or done anything beyond photographing them and listing them for sale.

Of course, some people might think putting that in their Ebay ad (whether they are expert or not) excuses them from giving a refund if the buyer finds bad issues once he gets the machine and wants to return it.

Well put.
There is a collector here in town that i have been restoring machines for for around 35 years.
He has about 50 machines. He knows the names of them, he knows the manufacturer, he knows the value of them, but if it is anything more involved than emptying a cash box... he is lost. The man is very intelligent, and owns a very large corporation here in town.
Owning a few, or, several machines does not make you an expert.
Midcoast Vintage

Return to E-Bay