Shill Bidding ... or What??

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Shill Bidding ... or What??

Postby doc » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:04 pm

I just saw what looks like the same Little Duke being sold 5 times on ebay. It's one of those government "live auction" things. I'll attach a picture below.

If you search for "Extremely Rare 1-Cent Jennings Slot Machine" and then you click on "sold listings" on the left of the screen, you get what appears to be the same slot being sold over and over with the winning bids varying from $1200 to $3000. I thought it could be some "reserve price" was not met, but each auction was listed as sold with a winning bid.

Could someone explain what's going on?

Thanks,

Steven
Attachments
Jennings Little Duke.JPG
doc

Re: Shill Bidding ... or What??

Postby sam2002 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:18 pm

I been wondering about this auction for awhile . Something don't seem right . All those fancy machines . My guess they are trying to attract bidders with items that are not in the actual auction .
I really don't understand this new twist that ehay is pulling . I see another item listed some auction listing on ehay that says will be sold on site . No shipping no nothing . But a start price and ehay rejects any sort of bid .
Any who hope some one chimes in here with some info on this stuff .
sam2002

Return to E-Bay