More FAKE Trade Stimulators

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Re: More FAKE Trade Stimulators

Postby nvmos2 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:25 am

Clubconsoles;

That 7000 number includes 1445 feedback as a buyer, which still leaves a lot of positive feedback as a seller.

If you look at bentcoin's feedback, I think you will conclude that he really does not sell that many butchered Trade Stimulators on flebay (of course even 1 is 1 too many).
He is forever "cleaning out the shop" or having an "estate sale" and his descriptions are minimal/vague, so buyers can't complain about misrepresentation.
He mostly sells coinop parts, bits and pieces (including some reproduction parts, usually not identified as such) plus girlie playing cards and other small odds and ends.
(Remember even a knowledgeable collector will buy a reproduction part when necessary to complete a machine).

In the past year, he's sold approx 240 items, of which approx 12 appear to be complete working trade stimulators.
Of the 12, some I think were not really bastardized (except maybe circus paint jobs), probably because they are not models susceptible to an incorrect jackpot or phoney beer reel strips.
I would estimate that about 6 were the really crappy bastards and
I suspect that they were bought by newbies/non-collectors who post feedback before they realize they have been burned.

Side note: back in the day when flebay allowed you to contact bidders/buyers, I contacted a (unsuspecting novice) buyer who bought one of his bastards;
she thought she was happy with it and was about to post positive feedback when we started a dialogue;
she ended up getting a full refund and, as a result, nothing showed up in the feedback.

This is really sad; I just realized I have nothing better to do on a Saturday morning than look at this clown's feedback history.
nvmos2

Postby Billyzap » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:33 pm

Boy I don't feel bad.....I did the same thing looking at his feedback. Just felt that he was harmless over all on ebay. But the harm this guy does is the confusion he sows out there with new collectors....and the fact the bigger scoundrels are the dealers and auctioneers that buy his stuff to pass off as real collectible coin ops. I do not think that the items he sells at the coin op wind up in the hands of collectors as they go to the corrupt and dishonest auctioneers and dealers.
Billyzap

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:06 pm

clubconsoles wrote:The Curious thing about Mr Fred Abel is that he has over 7000 transactions on eBay (alias "thebentcoin") and NOT ONE negative in all that time of trading.
Now don't get me wrong, I am certainly NOT condoning what he is doing in his chop shop and butchering all this stimulators with phoney jackpots and fake strips, but you cant deny he has lots of satisfied customers on eBay.
To bad, but it seems there are so many collectors out there that don't do the research or due diligence before they buy, or maybe they just don't care that the restoration is not correct, who knows?
All quite sad in my Opinion.

Glad to see that others, besides myself, are keeping an eye on the Butchers doings, to keep these postings alive, and hopefully alert new collectors
of his constant shenanigans. Way too many have been burned with his Fantasy machines. I have personally talked to several collectors that had been
burned, but found out about what they purchased, much too late to do anything about it. They usually find out from someone else, whom then directs
them to me, to go over the details of how bad their purchase was. There have been 2 or 3 persons, that have made Fred take the machine back, for a
full refund, and hopefully others, that I haven't heard about. He may have a large feedback number, but most of it is for nickel & dime sales. He does
have a couple of negatives that don't show any longer, because of ebay's new policy of resetting the feedback to 100%, if you stay negative-free for the
following 12 months. I remember one negative being given because he sent someone an original slot award card, that got bent-up, because of his poor
packing. There was also a person that ended up with one of his bastardized machines, that gave him a neutral, which does no good. That should have
been a BIG negative.
Grant you, he does sell many original parts, which helps restorers complete a machine, when needed. Only drawback here, is when he lists a recast
part, and doesn't say what it is, as he knows full well, because he had them made. He just plays Dumb, with his 'Estate Sale' B.S. Some buyers that may
know an item is recast, have to be pretty desperate with most items, as the castings are atrocious. Have you ever noticed the jackpots, and back doors
that he must sand with 40 grit, and polishes, so that it looks even worse? Apparently many people do not use the magnify-feature on eBay listings, to
check his 'crappy-doings' out.
As you say, "there are so many collectors out there that don't do the research". How very true! That is the reason for trying to alert as many newbies
as possible, through the postings & photo's of his junk on this Forum. The sad thing, is all the ones that either don't find out what they are bidding on
soon enough, or as you say, "don't care".
I did notice one good thing recently. Since Morphy took over the VCA auctions, there was not a lot of the Butchers Crap on the block. But, there was one
trade stimulator that was listed. It was one of those Caille "Jr. Bell" fruit machines, that he turned into a 'Fantasy BaseBall' version, that never existed.
Keep up the good work, that some of you are doing, in tracking the Butchers doings. It seems that the only thing that is going to stop this clown, is when
he finally messes with the wrong person, that is going to have him fitted with a cement overcoat, and matching shoes!
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Adams6354 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:33 pm

Gentlemen:

I am a new collector of Jennings slot Machines. I am currently looking for parts (Original) and your discussion has been a real eye opener. Thank you.

Greg
Adams6354

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:16 pm

I am surprised no one has decked him at a show or an auction.
An easy way to straighten him out would be to buy one of his bastardized machines... then, since ebay gives all the right to the buyer, turn in a claim for not as described, (which it really does not matter, as with ebay's current return policy, a buyer can return anything any time, for any or...no... reason.
you get your dough back, he has to pay the shipping, he gets a defect, and, you can leave a negative, and, clearly state fraudulent description in the reason for giving a negative.

if this happens enough times, his dsr's will drop, he wall fall into below standard rating, an the ebay computer will automatically restrict him from selling.
Very simple.
Midcoast Vintage

Postby clubconsoles » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:41 pm

Well, lets hope the newbie collectors google the stimulators and do the research BEFORE they buy?
I am not sure if this forum comes up on Google or not ?
its about the only thing we can do is to warn them about dealing with the Vegas Butcher.
Its such a shame as I met Fred whilst on vacaction in Las Vegas a couple of years ago and he introduced me to lots west coast collectors and there collections for which (as a Brit) I am grateful.
clubconsoles

Postby cpdretired » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Convert your Garden City Gem into a Bar Boy. The Vegas chop shop will supply the "3" reel strips & award card.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221714867622?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_nkw%3D221714867622%26_rdc%3D1
cpdretired

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:40 am

cpdretired wrote:Convert your Garden City Gem into a Bar Boy. The Vegas chop shop will supply the "3" reel strips & award card.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221714867622?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_nkw%3D221714867622%26_rdc%3D1

That's right! With this auction, the Vegas Butcher is encouraging others to make-up Phoney Crap, just like he does.
But this is not the worst of it. Look what he has now presented to the fleaBay auction block. He has now ventured
into ruining a Garden City "TURF", of which there are not a very large number in existence, and making it into one
of his FAKE "Bar Boy" creations.
Garden City 'Turf' made into a Bar Boy (Vegas FAKE).jpg
This WAS a Garden City "Turf" HorseRace, made into a FAKE "Bar Boy", by the Vegas Butcher.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun May 10, 2015 1:32 am

I thought that I had already posted this Vegas Butcher's latest creation last week, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
If I didn't, here it is. If I did, here it is again! I'd rather have it shown twice, than not at all.

Although somewhat of a 'plain-jane' model, from the production years of the fancy 'art deco' style machines, here
is another very scarce model, that the Butcher has ventured into Bastardizing. This is the National Coin "Gem Vendor",
that was never painted like this, and only came with cigarette strips & card. I remember when he bought this machine,
and it had pretty nice original strips & card. He has installed a set of repro fruit strips, but the worst part of this FAKE,
is the recast Buckley jackpot, that he has plastered on the front, and in doing so, had to drill holes in the front casting
to mount it, covering the original built-in award card frame. And of coarse, has topped it off with one of his childish
paint schemes.
National 'Gem Vendor' (1).JPG

National 'Gem Vendor' (2).JPG
This back view of the same machine, seems to be his trademark, by painting the door black wrinkle,
with a big red dot. He has done this to the doors on many machines, that were never painted.

This machine is very similar to another model that was shown in an earlier post, the "Puritan Gum Vender", that he
plastered a recast, cut-down, and altered Groetchen jackpot on the front. His fantasies are never-ending! :^o
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby integ194 » Sun May 10, 2015 3:35 am

Thank you so much for this post Slot Dynasty. I cannot over emphasise how important your honesty, directness & integrity is to naïve newbies such as me. Best rgds Wayne :D
integ194

PreviousNext

Return to E-Bay