Mills Black Cherries on Ebay

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Mills Black Cherries on Ebay

Postby Chris » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:14 am

Perhaps you've noticed a couple of Black Cherries 5c. and 10c. on ebay lately... I realize they are not a "rare" machine. But check out what I believe is a fantastic ORIGINAL condition of each machine ! Right down to the pay slides spring covers... lockdown wedge bolt...serial numbers....etc. I do not even see any drop / dribble coin wear below the coin entries.
Chris

Re: Mills Black Cherries on Ebay

Postby oldslotman » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:21 pm

I believe all Black Cherry machines came with silver reel strips and the decal on the side I believe is the one that was used on high top machines.
oldslotman

Postby Chris » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:00 pm

Yes... I noticed the real strips weren't silver...
Not sure about the decal ... Hi top VS Half top. Maybe they were low on decal inventory that week !
Machines still look decent !
(and NO I don't have any affiliation with the auction or own the machines ! )
Chris

Postby oldslotman » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:51 pm

I agree they do look great. It would be nice to see a picture of the inside mech.
oldslotman

Postby hlhopp » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:01 am

Hi,
I bought the 5 cent Mills Black Cherry I believe you are talking about and just got it Friday! It is my first machine so I'm no expert but it looks all original except for the lock on the back door maybe. The key doesn't say Mills and it is a standard looking key. I really do believe the paint and everything else is original. There were very good photos on Ebay. It works fine after I lubed it in a few spots.
New to this forum and wish I knew how to put photos on posts.
Harry
hlhopp

Postby Dave » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:35 pm

Welcome to the forum.

To add a photo to the post do the following:

1. Click on the "Upload attachment" tab. Just below the window where you enter the text for the body of the post.
2. Click on "Choose File". A window will then come up and allow you to select the photo. Double click on it.
3. Click "Add the file" button.

Wat a few seconds for the upload to complete. Repeat the above for additional photos.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Return to E-Bay