EBAY SCREWS ANOTHER SELLER, THEN LIES ABOUT IT ~ TYPICAL

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Re: EBAY SCREWS ANOTHER SELLER, THEN LIES ABOUT IT ~ TYPICAL

Postby clubconsoles » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:46 pm

I agree, great post by Swami (Chris)
I am the Nigel chap in the UK whom he mentions and I wouldn't have found a Pace Royal Comet as good as the one he sold me were it not for eBay.
I have had a few bad experiences on eBay but they are FAR, FAR outweighed by the good ones, I sell and buy fairly infrequently but they tend to be $1000 + items when I do!
I think most of the savvy people who use eBay just use it for a shop window to reach out to a niche audience that no other medium, that I know of, can.
I think around 80% of my eBay transactions end up being a private deal so I don't have to pay those ridiculous fees.
When you have had an account for 15 years with 100% Positive its a great advertisement and I think people will pay a higher price for goods that you sell because of this!
Most realise you are not a crook and trust you!
I think its a shame that a few US sellers on eBay refuse to ship a machine internationally even if you agree to have it picked up by a crating company and you organize everything.
Not quite sure why, I guess a few still think foreign sale = scam artist?
That's a great shame as Coin op colleting is truly international now!
clubconsoles

Postby SLOTMANDAVE » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:19 pm

I HAVE MEET FREDDY AND I RESPECT HIM AND HIS KNOWLEDGE IS FAR GREATER THAN MINE ON COIN OP AND HOLD HIM UP THERE AT THE TOP ,I HAVE ONLY BEEN COLLLECTING FOR 20 YEARS AND THIS FORUM IS GREAT AND HAVE LEARNED MANY , MANY THINGS FROM IT AND RESPECT EVERYONES OPINIONS BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS SOME NAME CALLING ON IT WE CAN DO WITHOUT
SLOTMANDAVE

Postby marsonion » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Ya know what I really love about eBay? Pictures pictures PICTURES! I've collected a whole hoard of them. By comparing them, I can see what's missing on some items, what's fake on others, and what's apparently "original" versus what's "restored." (I put "original" in quotes because Father Time has performed what can only be called an anti-restoration upon the true original, which is, undeniably, forever lost to our eyes.) Despite its endless mendacities and mayhem, eBay provides all of us-- all of us-- with a pretty good look at what's available out there in the middle of nowhere, and that's practically priceless to anyone sincerely interested in anything.
marsonion

Postby Whosignedmeup » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:14 am

caveat emptor

(kah-vee-ott emptor) Latin for "let the buyer beware." The basic premise that the buyer buys at his/her own risk and therefore should examine and test a product himself/herself for obvious defects and imperfections. Caveat emptor still applies even if the purchase is "as is" or when a defect is obvious upon reasonable inspection before purchase.

Maybe we should share some stories of getting burned.
Whosignedmeup

Postby TJ » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:22 pm

Very well said Chris. Oh, by the way we have yet to see a nicer Sphinx. It resides along side our very first slot. T.J.
TJ

Postby YourBestBet » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:52 pm

Thank you gamblingman and Swami for taking the time to write valuable posts on this subject. Let's continue to keep the posts positive and not make poor assumptions.
YourBestBet

Previous

Return to E-Bay